Billing Process Operative
- Department: Finance
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Department: Billing
- Salary: £21,500 - £22,500
- Location: Nelson/Home Working.
About the Team:
The Calls Billing team are responsible for the Collection and rating of cdr’s. Dealing with Carriers to ensure we are receiving files promptly and correctly. Checking our figures for overcharging or undercharging. Handling tasks from other departments promptly.
About the Role:
- Reconcile and validate monthly supplier invoices.
- Manage relationship with carrier/suppliers with regards to billing processes.
- Carry out day-to-day management of the billing platform and its processes.
- Create and maintain products/tariff/discounts.
- Proactively participate in the delivery of the monthly bill runs.
- Co-operate with the billing manager in the provision of an efficient department
- Contribute to all Customer retention initiatives.
- Actively participate in weekly staff meetings
- Co-operate in the maintenance of staffing, attendance, holiday pre-planning charts to ensure the correct skill mix in the department at all times.
- Promote customer service excellence at all times.
- Share best practice for the benefit of staff and customers.
- Note and report any instance of poor practice within the department.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation
- Excellent written, verbal and numerical skills
- Proactive attitude to account management
- Strong attention to detail
- Good follow-up skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise workloads.
- High energy level with creative problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
- SQL Knowledge
- Excel Skills
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you), Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/