Software Support Engineer
- Department: Operations
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 p.a. DOE
Location: Remote Work with occasional travel for in person meetings
About the role
Working as part of a busy and dynamic support team, the role will require you to provide technical support for our industry leading billing software platforms via our Service Now case management platform.
Working within an ITIL framework you will provide technical support to an established client base including some of the UK’s largest telecommunications brands.
The Software Support Engineer should be an experienced customer-focused individual capable of interrogating databases to diagnose issues, documenting and implementing solutions, and proposing enhancements to improve the software platform and business processes.
You will communicate with customers via telephone, email, collaboration software and our case management platform (ServiceNow) to provide a high quality well-articulated responses in accordance with the service level agreements (SLAs) with our partners.
You should expect to be given responsibility early on and will be fully supported by an experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable team. You should have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to the role with the ability to work under your own initiative.
This role would suit someone with a background in software support and experience working in a support environment who is looking to progress their career with a successful and growing software business.
- Able to investigate, troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues with our web and desktop software platforms
- Database interrogation through use of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to understand data discrepancies and provide workarounds for problems via data fixes.
- Deliver an exceptional customer service experience by ensuring that cases are responded to in a professional manner and in accordance with customer SLAs.
- Prioritise and manage personal cases ensuring clients are kept up to date with progress in all instances.
- Conduct root cause investigations to identify software problems feeding vital information to our Problem Management team
- Identify and highlight trends in repeat support cases to proactively reduce avoidable incidents and propose enhancements to avoid repeat
- Utilise monitoring software to identify infrastructure incidents that could lead to service impacting incidents.
- Analyse system and software log files to diagnose causes of software problems.
- Contribute towards the maintenance of the company’s internal support documentation and knowledge base.
- Provide training and advice to customers and junior team members via phone, email, ticketing platform and collaboration software.
- Able to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Monitor cases to ensure senior staff are informed about issues before they escalate.
- Willing to learn how to support new technologies and products as they are developed and released.
- Contribution towards team Key Performance indicator (KPIs) and objectives.
- Preserve information security, report security breaches, in line with the Information Security Policy, and to act in accordance with the requirements of the Information Security Billing Management System.
- Implement and adhere to all aspects of Union Streets Total Metering and Billing Systems (TMBS) regulations.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a good understanding of desktop and web-based software, technologies, systems, and processes.
- Experience working with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Proven experience working in a support environment, including telephony-based customer service experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with people possessing various degrees of technical understanding
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to multitask and respond well under pressure
- Ability to manage time and prioritise work effectively
- A commitment to service improvement with a customer focused attitude
- Knowledge of ITIL or ITIL Foundation qualification.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies – Azure / SQL / Active Directory
- Familiarity with programming in Delphi, C#, .NET, HTML
- Familiarity with ebXML architecture
- Familiarity with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience in using MS Visual Studio
- An understanding of the telecommunications industry would be a distinct advantage
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you), work from anywhere concept with occasional travel for training or meetings. Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 24 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/