- Department: Commercial
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Department: Vendor Product Management
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Home based with occasional travel to office
About the Team
This role will form part of the cloud vendor product management team. The team's main objective is to develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors and deliver growth for Giacom, our vendors and our customers. This involves negotiating contracts, setting performance metrics, monitoring & improving product performance, and identifying opportunities for collaboration and innovation.
About the Role
As a product manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of products in our marketplace, working closely with vendors to maximise product opportunity, and owning vendor business plans for the year. You will also be responsible for selecting new products to add to our marketplace, conducting product and market analysis to identify new trends and product opportunities. In addition, you will manage the vendor relationships for the products in your portfolio, including price negotiations, P&L responsibility, and in-life management of products to remain aligned with existing vendor product sets.
- Own a portfolio of products in our marketplace
- Working with vendors to maximise product opportunity including co-marketing, co-selling etc
- Owning the vendor business plans for the year. Working closely with the vendors and Giacom’s sales and marketing teams, to deliver against the agreed business plan
- Selecting new products to add to our marketplace – building business case including commercial proposition and working with stakeholders including board to get sign off
- Working with cross functional team to develop business case and then build, deliver and launch products
- Competitor analysis covering products and distributors
- Market analysis looking for new trends and product opportunities
- Vendor management for portfolio of products including price negotiations
- P&L responsibility for performance of products in your portfolio
- In life management of products in portfolio to remain aligned to existing vendors product sets
- Defining KPIs to monitor success of products in portfolio
- Being the internal champion for your portfolio of products
- Ensuring the business is educated and kept up to date with all products in your portfolio
- Experience as a product manager or vendor manager
- Experience of the IT Reseller or Channel Distributor market
- Strong commercial experience including owning product P&L, pricing, vendor negotiations
- Previous success in managing vendors and delivering growth
- Proven experience in using data to drive direction
- Good understanding of cloud technology and the SaaS product model
- Existing relationships with key vendors within the Saas Market
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you), Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays!
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/