Service Desk Manager
- Department: Operations
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Department: Support
- Salary: up to £40,000 D.O.E
- Location: Homebased with Occasional Travel
About the Role
Working as part of a busy and dynamic support department, the role will require you to manage the Union Street Service Desk team supporting our industry leading billing software platforms via our case management platform.
Working within an ITIL framework you will lead the team to ensure that a high level of support is provided to our established client base which includes some of the UK’s largest telecommunications brands.
The Service Desk Manager should be an experienced customer-focused individual who will be responsible for managing and inspiring a team of service desk analysts to deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
You will possess strong people management skills and will be expected to take overall responsibility of the entire Support Queue and Customer Service Portal. You will have proven experience in delivering high levels of customer satisfaction through enforcement of KPIs at both individual and departmental levels.
You will act as a point of escalation in the team communicating with internal colleagues and customers via telephone, email, collaboration software and our case management platform ensuring high quality well-articulated responses are provided in accordance with our service level agreements (SLAs).
You will be responsible for ensuring that best practice guidelines are adopted and adhered to by all Support team staff. This will include responsibility for ensuring our ‘Metering and Billing’ guidelines are adhere to and that our accreditation is kept up to date and meets the standards expected of the support department.
You should expect to be given responsibility early on and will be fully supported by an experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable team. You should have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to the role with the ability to work under your own initiative.
This role would suit someone with experience of leading a service desk team or support department in a technical support environment who is looking to progress their career with a successful and growing software business.
- Responsible for the management of all members of the Service Desk team, providing:
- Management and prioritisation the team’s workloads and ensuring suitable availability of staff
- Oversight of all cases, ensuring all are kept up to date with progress in accordance with customer SLAs.
- Management of the individuals, including all relevant HR activities
- Identification of training needs within team, coordinating or delivering appropriate training.
- An escalation point within the team for ongoing issues
- Coordination and leadership of daily team sessions to review productivity and share business news
- Regular 1-2-1’s and appraisals with team members setting clear objectives and targets
- Representation of your team at departmental management meetings
- Assume overall responsibility for the support queue, ensuring all areas of the Support Department adhere to our contractual SLAs.
- Ensure adherence to procedures and best practice guidelines across the entire support department with specific attention to Union Streets Total Metering and Billing Systems (TMBS) guidelines.
- Ensure prompt and efficient logging, categorisation, prioritisation and acknowledgement of all new engagements into the support department via eChat, telephone, and our case management platform.
- Focus on resolving a high proportion of cases at first point of contact.
- Take ownership of escalations, acting as escalation point for customers, team members, and internal stakeholders.
- Unify the service desk operation for all Union Streets Software products ensuring a consistent experience for all of our partners.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement Committee meetings bringing forward suggestions to improve the support operation and service delivery, taking responsibility for improvement actions allocated.
- Identify trends in repeat support cases and raise problems to Problem Management team to proactively reduce avoidable incidents.
- Provide reports and KPI metrics on the status of support on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to the Service Desk Team, Support Management Team and senior stake holders.
- Participate in audit activities related to the Request, Incident and Change Management process.
- Implement adoption of monitoring software to proactively identifying major incidents.
- Contribute towards the maintenance of the company’s internal support documentation and knowledge base.
- Provide training and advice to customers and junior team members via phone, email, ticketing platform and collaboration software.
- Monitor cases to ensure senior staff are informed about issues before they escalate.
- Work with members of the Operational Management team (Problem Managers, Change Managers, Process Manager, Bureau Manager, Service Improvement Manager) to deliver process improvements across the operations department.
- Preserve information security, report security breaches, in line with the Information Security Policy, and to act in accordance with the requirements of the Information Security Management System.
- Proven experience managing a team in a support environment, including telephony-based customer service experience.
- Proven track record in delivering service improvement through monitoring of performance metrics and implementation of service improvement initiatives.
- Ability to take ownership of escalations and act as an escalation point for customers, team members, and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with people possessing various degrees of technical understanding.
- Ability and desire to learn and develop new skills and technologies.
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to multitask and respond well under pressure.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise work effectively.
- A commitment to service improvement with a customer focused attitude.
- Experience working with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Knowledge of ITIL or ITIL Foundation qualification.
- Incident Management.
- Request Fulfilment.
- Problem Management.
- Change Management.
- Event Management
- A knowledge of Microsoft technologies E.g.
- MS SQL.
- Active Directory.
- An understanding of the telecommunications industry would be a distinct advantage.
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you). Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 24 days holidays, plus bank holidays!
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/