Senior Reward & Payroll Advisor
- Department: People
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Department: People
- Salary: up to £45,000 p.a. DOE
- Location: Home based
About the Role / Objectives:
As the Senior Reward and Payroll Advisor, you will play a critical role supporting the Reward and Payroll Manager in all aspects of processing payroll, reward, and benefits for the business. The ideal candidate will have experience working at a senior level, be confident in working independently and taking full ownership of reward and payroll tasks and projects. This role will be integral in supporting the transition to bring management and administration of all payrolls and benefits (across our group) in house, so experience of managing change and systems implementation would be a highly advantageous.
Our People Team consists of thirty individuals who work collaboratively and support one another. They are all lovely people who strive to do their best and make the company a wonderful place to work. The People Team consists of HR, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, People Development, Internal Communications, Facilities and Engagement professionals.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with processing the monthly payrolls, administration of company benefits and ensuring the smooth running of the payroll function working alongside the Reward and Payroll Manager plus key stakeholders in Finance and the People Team. Provide an exceptional payroll service to employees.
- Processing monthly payrolls for 750+ employees to include starter, leaver, amendments, absence, overtime, commission, statutory payments, pensions
- Assist with the ongoing development of HRIS and Payroll transformation projects
- Provide expert advice on payroll and benefits related matters
- Assist Year End processing and production of P60s, P11Ds and PSA
- Support payroll and benefit projects
- Administer and promote all aspects of employee benefits including Private Healthcare, Medicash, Eye care vouchers, Holiday Purchase, Group Life Assurance, Group Income Protection, EAP, Childcare vouchers
- Pension scheme administration: portal maintenance, opt in/out requests, upload pensions data, legal declarations
- Work closely with Senior Management, Finance, and the People team, providing them with expert guidance and support on payroll matters
- Assist with system maintenance: manage users, pay/deduction elements, leave templates, setup and maintain automated reports, data cleanse
- Monitor and review payroll policies and controls to ensure adherence to relevant legislation and evolving market best practice
- Assist with data preparation for annual audit
- Support with the annual pay review cycle
- Support salary benchmarking for Finance and Gender Pay Gap reporting
- Prepare ad hoc data reports for various senior management and departments
- Advise on payroll queries in a timely manner • Review and process sickness absence, Statutory Maternity Pay and Statutory Paternity Pay
- New starter and Payroll checking
- Collate commission, bonus, and overtime data for processing
- Prepare monthly payroll reports for the People team and Finance for checking
- Upload the bank files into PTX and send to the Directors for approval
- Accurate and timely reconciliation of all Payroll Related balance sheet & P&L accounts for month end
- Advise AP of the monthly P32 liability and other third-party payments
- Assist with preparation and submission of P11D data and advise AP of HMRC liability
- Assist with preparation and submission of PSA data and advise AP of HMRC liability • Email P45s and leavers payslips
- Email P45, P60 and payslip ad hoc requests
- Variable Holiday Pay calculation & processing
- Strong end to end payroll processing knowledge
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and legislative requirements
- Team player who will work closely with various other teams particularly finance and people teams
- Able to use own initiative and work autonomously
- Employee benefits experience
- Competent user of all Microsoft office programs Excel (Lookups, Pivot Tables etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and great at building strong relationships
- Analytical and precise approach with good organisational skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A flexible and collaborative approach to work
- Able to work to tight deadlines, manage workload and to a project plan
- Payroll experience within a medium/large organisation
- Full member of CIPP
- Experience using IRIS Cascade
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you), work from anywhere concept with occasional travel for training or meetings. Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/