Customer Service Advisor - Ipswich
- Department: Operations
We're a continually growing, innovative and multi-award-winning wholesaler and distributor of communications, cloud, billing and hardware products and services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting industry, where we have forged strategic partnerships and relationships with the UK's top telcos, networks, and vendors, including BT, TTB, Vodafone, Virgin Media O2, EE, CityFibre, Sophos, Microsoft and Samsung.
As a Channel-only business, we never sell directly to the end-user. Instead, we serve a market of independent resellers, which we proudly refer to as our partners.
We offer our partners a market-leading and comprehensive product portfolio, intuitive portals and platforms and a passionate team of industry experts.
We make a complex industry as simple as possible for our partners, enabling them with a commercial platform to sell the latest technologies and solutions to the resilient UK SMB market.
We have huge aspirations to challenge our industry and what we do, and we continuously dream big for the future. As a team of over 750 people, we're all immensely proud to work for a rapidly expanding company with an incredible culture that puts our team members and partners at the heart of everything we do.
- Department: Operations
- Salary: £22,500 p.a.
- Location: Ipswich office with some homeworking - expectation for you to be in the office at least 3 days a week
- Contract: Full time 37.5 hrs per week, Permanent.
- Working: Monday to Friday, core hours 9am - 5.30pm
The kind of person we are looking for is someone who is already working within a Customer Service role or used to dealing with the general public and delivering good customer service. Full training will be provided for this role but you will also need to have previous experience of basic Microsoft skills, outlook and spreadsheets.
You must be based in around the Ipswich area and there is an expectation that you will work in the office at least 3 days a week.
About the Team and Role:
The role is as a Customer Service Advisor or better known within our organisation as a Service Delivery Specialist.
The team of 6 based in Ipswich and provide customer service to our mobile distribution base. The team liaise with Vodafone daily and provide support on credit vets, new mobile connections, port, and migrations plus many other additional tasks.
- Processing voice, data & landline vets, connection/ports, upgrade and miscellaneous requests through to the Mobile Network Operators using our bespoke Intouch system
- Liaising with Vodafone to complete all requests within published SLA’s ensuring the customer/partners jobs are correct & fully complete before confirming as actioned
- Keep all correspondence on every Intouch Job before completing
Offer advise/alternative solutions if the Partner request cannot be processed ensuring the customer receives the service they require
- Ability to prioritise your working day and chase outstanding job requests ensuring no Intouch job is left longer than 24 hours without updating
- Assist team with workload as required
- Adhere to Quality Control Processes
- Remain vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and escalate if in any doubt
- Periodically review Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Articulate, personable and a good communicator (verbal and written)
- Experience within a previous customer service role is desired
- Good attention to detail
- Experience in the Telecoms Industry desired but not necessary!
- Microsoft Office skills – Word and Excel
- Experience of spreadsheets at a basic level
Giacom, DWS and Union Street are part of the same group of companies, bringing together three leading channel solutions in telecoms, cloud software services and cloud billing. Our aspiration is to be the number one supplier in the channel.
Your job role may be focused at one of the brands, but you will interact and impact across the wider group of companies.
What’s in it for you? Why should you come and work for us?
Our benefits consist of; no dress code (you, do you), work from anywhere concept with occasional travel for training or meetings. Work with and learn from experts in the telecoms industry, a wellbeing and engagement team, 'if you want a career with us then grab it' concept, recognition and team/industry events as well as a whole host of other benefits which can be found on our website www.digitalwholesalesolutions.com on our Careers page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy or maternity.
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment process, and, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by the Equality Act 2010. Should you have a disability or long-term health condition and require a particular adjustment to be made to allow you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please ensure you let me know.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, provide two references and proof of right to work in the UK, unrestricted.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday
For more information on our privacy notice please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy by following this link - https://digitalwholesalesolutions.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy/