- McHenry, IL
At Dimensions Home Health Care, our mission is to inspire hope and improve the quality of life for those patients entrusted to our care. We provide home health care under Medicare and Private Insurance to patients in their home; be it a single-family home, apartment building or assisted living. Our Registered Nurses, Therapists, and Social Worker coordinate care in Lake & McHenry County in Illinois and Kenosha, Racine & Walworth County in Wisconsin. We work with hospitals, skilled nursing providers and primary physicians to continuously assess medical conditions; ensure medication compliance by educating patients and caregivers on the purpose, frequency, proper administration, and possible side effects of medications; all while maintaining a level of care, compassion and consistency that dramatically improves the quality of life of our patients. We are very proud of the level of care and professionalism we provide and are seeking new energetic and motivated team members to join us as we continue to provide great home health care.
We are currently seeking a full-time Occupational Therapist who is dually licensed in both IL and WI. This position is responsible for providing occupational therapy services prescribed by the physician that can be safely provided in the home. The territory covered would include McHenry County in IL and Walworth County in WI.
This position is also responsible to:
- Complete initial evaluation and admission visit within 48-72 hours of referral for patients being admitted for occupational therapy and develops a plan of care.
- Arranges the provision of services listed above on an outpatient basis which cannot be given in the patient’s home.
- Observes, records, and reports to the physician and other agency staff the patient’s reaction to treatment and other changes in the patient’s condition or plan of care.
- Instructs patients and/or caregivers in the care and proper use of equipment and devices such as wheelchairs, braces, walkers, crutches, canes, and other prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Instructs family members and other health team personnel, including, when appropriate, home health aides, in certain phases of occupational therapy so they can work with the patient.
- Develops a patient care plan and measures progress or lack of progress in goal achievement.
- Responsible for the occupational therapy plan of treatment, daily occupational therapy summaries, and discharge summaries.
- Participates in orientation of new employees and in-service programs related to occupational therapy programs.
- Participates in case conferences and meetings as needed.
- The OT will maintain 3 hours of Inservice training per calendar year, and attend mandatory Inservices.
This position requires a Occupational Therapist with a current license in the State of Wisconsin/Illinois.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.