- Gurnee, IL
At Dimensions Home Health Care, our mission is to inspire hope and improve the quality of life for those patients entrusted to our care. We provide home health care under Medicare and Private Insurance to patients in their home; be it a single-family home, apartment building or assisted living. Our Registered Nurses, Therapists, and Social Worker coordinate care in Lake & McHenry County in Illinois and Kenosha, Racine & Walworth County in Wisconsin. We work with hospitals, skilled nursing providers and primary physicians to continuously assess medical conditions; ensure medication compliance by educating patients and caregivers on the purpose, frequency, proper administration, and possible side effects of medications; all while maintaining a level of care, compassion and consistency that dramatically improves the quality of life of our patients. We are very proud of the level of care and professionalism we provide and are seeking new energetic and motivated team members to join us as we continue to provide great home health care.
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for the admission process for new patients by ensuring availability of reimbursement for services, identifying the clinical team to deliver care, and scheduling all patient visits within prescribed discipline and visit frequency requirements.
- At least 2 years of home health intake experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of primary home health diagnoses, related interventions and care protocols.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Medicare and non-Medicare reimbursement requirements including eligibility for service, managed care and Veterans Administration pre-authorization processes, and Medicare/managed care outpatient therapy services requirements.
- Demonstrable experience with scheduling of patient services within specified discipline/frequency parameters.
- Demonstrable experience with optimizing full time and part time clinical staff supported by resources from outside staffing companies.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Receives referrals from physicians and facilities and initiates the intake process.
- Coordinates with the Marketing Director to obtain the start of care date and/or discharge date.
- Enters new patient records in the system ensuring accuracy of all patient demographic information.
- Performs eligibility/insurance verification.
- Confers with the Clinical Supervisor as to the preliminary eligibility for service.
- Coordinates with the Clinical Supervisor, Billing Manager and clinical team to ensure required information is obtained for patient records.
- Schedules all visits to ensure that regulatory deadlines are met and staffing resources are optimized. Handles all scheduling exceptions and coordinates with the Clinical Supervisor as needed.
- Receives documentation and scans the records into the system following the Scanning Policies.
- Obtains authorizations for service requests from non-Medicare pay sources and ensures that such authorizations for service are in place for the first and subsequent episodes or treatment periods.
- Coordinates with the Billing Manager to ensure required documentation is obtained from physicians.
- Attends regular interdisciplinary team meetings for purposes of identifying new admissions and recertifications.
- Reviews the weekly eligibility report and ensures that all corrections are made to patient demographic information.
- Reviews potential agency consolidated billing overlaps as identified in the weekly eligibility report and recommends action for eliminating agency conflicts.
- Schedules on-call assignments in cooperation with the Clinical Supervisor.
- Answers the phone.
- Adheres to HIPAA and patient information privacy requirements.