- Lakewood, WA
Discover Books is a for-profit organization with a socially-minded mission: to divert books from landfills, help fund library sustainability, and provide meaningful solutions to the global problem of illiteracy. Discover Books collects used books through thrift stores, library partnerships, residential pick-ups, and book collection boxes in ten cities across North America. The company resells, donates or responsibly recycles used books to achieve its mission. To date, Discover Books has donated more than 5 million books to those-in-need and has diverted over 155-million pounds of books from landfills.
- Drives assigned routes daily, using the most direct route possible between stops, to pick up bin and other product for the plant.
- Moves full containers onto truck and secure them for safe delivery to the warehouse. Unload, weigh, and record weight of containers.
- Maintains equipment and accurate logs as well as notifies management of any issues.
- Assist with decals, repairs, and management of bins and sites.
- Training of new drivers of company policies, safety and best practices.
- Load and unload containers by forklift or pallet jack.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, be at least 21 years of age, have current or able to obtain DOT medical certificate, and possess a clean DMV history for at least 5 years.
- Previous forklift experience and certification required.
- Must have the ability to push and pull wheeled bins of at least 500 lbs.
- Able to bend, lift with arms and otherwise pick up and move books from one container to another.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend conversation English to be able to read routes, safety rules, and instructions in the use of equipment.
- Ability to climb in and out of the truck cab as well as the truck bed safely.
- Ability to complete simple math and communicate by phone and/or email.
- Must have the ability to assist management with other support tasks as fill in as needed.
- Ability to learn new concepts, communicate easily, and teach in a hands-on capacity.
If interested please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include job title and which shifts you would be available for, either 1st or 2nd.
Annual Salary will DOE. Full benefits are offered (Health, Dental, Life). Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off after probationary period.
Discover Books is a drug free work place. All candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug screens & background checks.