Sr. Software Engineer (Hadoop) Remote option
- San Diego, CA
Our client is a leader in location-based mobile advertising and publisher platforms.
Do you have experience with technologies like Hadoop and machine learning? We need you! Join our client’s data services team to change the future of mobile advertising and content delivery. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the data services and reporting team in their North County San Diego headquarters. Join a team of innovative industry leaders with a history of success as they redefine what is possible in mobile advertising and publishing. Help design and implement the critical reporting and analytics infrastructure that supports their mobile advertising and content delivery systems.
- Spearhead development of reporting and analytics solutions in support of our mobile ad-serving infrastructure
- Design and develop data warehouse, data pipeline and ETL processes
- Create workflows, configuration management and monitoring to manage data processing jobs
- Create ad-hoc reporting/analytics pipeline
- Perfect data infrastructure for efficiency, scalability and stability of log data collection, storage and processing
Put your 5+ years of experience with data architecture and data modeling best practices to use in an opportunity with huge upside. Show off your knowledge of the latest big data processing techniques. Great compensation and benefits go along with the opportunity to benefit from company growth. If you have prior start up experience, a penchant for solving problems, a CS degree and a never say die attitude, we could use your help.
You should also be prepared to discuss your experience creating and managing ETL processes and building data-warehouses, experience with Python and Perl and expert knowledge of SQL (MySQL and/or PostgreSQL preferred).
Some other nice things to have..
- Experience with data services in support of high volume ad-serving, user profiling and targeting technologies
- Experience scaling both streaming and batch based ETL processing
- Experience with reporting software like Pentaho or Tableau
- Experience with mobile technologies, location services
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Experience or familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)