Sr. Software Engineer (Hadoop) Remote option
- San Diego, CA
Diversified Global is an executive recruiting firm. Our client is a leader in location-based mobile advertising and publisher platforms. World class technology, applications and data have propelled our client to a leading role in mobile advertising and publishing.
Are you a Senior Engineer looking for your next big challenge? At parties, do you talk about high-volume, transactional data processing? Do you have experience in the online or mobile advertising space? If so, we want to talk! First meet our client’s Data Integration team as they change the future of content delivery while collaborating across departments. Then join a company of innovative industry leaders with a history of success as they redefine mobile advertising with a twist of big data and demographic insight.
Put your 5+ years of experience of exceptional internet production software development to use in an opportunity with huge upside. Lead real-time internet technology implementation. Great compensation and stock provide a huge upside as our client is experiencing explosive growth. If you your keen on start up experience, a penchant for solving problems, a CS degree and a never say die attitude, we could use your help.
Some insight from the hiring manager's verbatim feedback :
"To be clear, I’m looking for a senior software engineer who has real-world, practical working knowledge/experience designing, building, and supporting Hadoop and other large-scale, data-oriented systems. The challenge with open source is that it’s ubiquitously accessible, which means everyone can dabble in it. I need folks who understand the inner workings, the strengths and weaknesses, and can make solid engineering decisions around them...I’m really looking for a hands-on software engineer who is willing and able to deliver production-grade software out of the gate...I need solid functional engineers with practical experience. Specifically, I’m looking for folks who have experience in:
- Large-scale ETL/data transport technologies
- Hadoop 1.x native jobs (2.x/Yarn is a plus)
- Programming/scripting languages: Java, Pig, Python, Bash
- Distributed database solutions (nosql/columnar
- 5-7 years Java development
- 2+ years RDBS and/or distributed database experience
- Unix shell experience, including bash scripting
- SVN, git is even better
- Understanding of big data processing tech like Hadoop, Pig and Hive
Nice to have
- Experience with data services in support of high volume ad-serving, user profiling and targeting technologies
- Experience with mobile technologies, location services
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Experience with Amazon EC2 and S3
- Understanding of networking, systems admin, database admin, load balancing, instrumentation/monitoring and release management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.