Data Scientist for Mobile Advertising and Platform Leader
- San Diego, CA
Diversified Global is an executive recruiting firm. Our client is a leader in location-based mobile advertising and publisher platforms. World class technology, applications and data have propelled our client to a leading role in mobile advertising and publishing.
Are you a senior Data Scientist looking for your next big challenge? At parties, do you talk about coding fault tolerant, scalable and high volume infrastructures? If so, we want to talk! Join our client’s Data Science team to change the future of mobile advertising and content delivery. Join a team of innovative industry leaders with a history of success as they redefine what is possible in mobile advertising and publishing.
- Spearhead quantitative research and software engineering
- Use your experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to help drive growth
- Opportunity to use your passion for identifying questions and for answering hard questions with data to improve business performance
Put your 4+ years of experience of exceptional internet production software development to use in an opportunity with huge upside. Lead real-time internet technology implementation. Great compensation and stock provide huge upside as our client is experiencing explosive growth. If you have prior start up experience, a penchant for solving problems, a CS degree and a never say die attitude, we could use your help.
- Do you have a strong mathematical and statistical background
- USe your M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field, (e.g. applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, operations research); or 4+ years experience in a relevant role to identify and address data needs and improve performance
- Your experienced in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches will be critical
- Put your thought leader status and fluency in statistical analysis, data mining, and machine learning to work!
- Use the latest analytical tools such as R, Matlab etc; Experience with HADOOP, Map/Reduce and PIG
Some other nice things to have..
- Experience with data services in support of high volume ad-serving, user profiling and targeting technologies
- Understanding of big data processing tech like Hadoop and Hive
- Experience with mobile technologies, location services
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Experience with Amazon EC2 and S3
- Understanding of networking, systems admin, database admin, load balancing, instrumentation/monitoring and release management