Mud Logger - ( Onshore - Offshore- Deepwater)
- Reserve, LA
Diversified Well Logging provides the accuracy and expertise only a company with over sixty years in the oil and gas industry can deliver. We specialize in mud logging and mud logging related services, never losing sight of the most important aspect of working a well – formation evaluation. Our teams of experienced professionals use the latest technologies to provide secure and customized real-time data communication for our clients – we are our clients’ eyes and ears in the field. Learn more about DWL’s experience, technology, and specialized areas of expertise.
Diversified Well Logging has operations in Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Mexico. We also have a Geo-steering center in Pennsylvania, and are growing into other areas of the United States. We are committed to innovation, safety, and service.
DWL is always looking for qualified individuals to join our company. To express interest in joining our team, apply for one of our open positions, or complete our online survey.
As a DWL Mud Logger, you act as our clients' eyes and ears in the field, recording and communicating in real-time the data clients need to know about every aspect of well operation. Mud Loggers man the unit 24 hours a day, and ensure efficiency, safety, and cost control by providing the client with detailed analysis of the geology, oil and gas shows, drilling and mud parameters, and related problems encountered during drilling and completion.
- Perform or supervise the collection of cuttings samples, from the correct lagged depth and at the correct frequency, as required for evaluation.
- Collect, wash, and prepare cuttings for examination and photography, as per client specification.
- Examine and describe cuttings samples as per Diversified and client's specifications. Descriptions are performed in order for Diversified to provide an independent evaluation of the well.
- Evaluate all cuttings samples for the presence of hydrocarbon fluorescence, and annotate all shows.
- Monitor all gas levels, including chromatography, lag time, drilling and geological parameters, and report any anomalies to the appropriate persons for action.
- Perform regular and scheduled calibration checks of all gas detection instruments.
- Perform scheduled maintenance checks and complete necessary repairs on all equipment, particularly sensors, and report breakdowns immediately to the operations department.
Data Analysis and Communications Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive Log(s) as per the specified Diversified format.
- Complete and submit all daily reports and logs concerning geological and drilling parameters to the client representative and Diversified operations for quality control.
- Ensure all information required to complete the final well report is identified, monitored, recorded, and available in a timely fashion for inclusion in the report.
- Complete and submit Daily, Weekly, and Monthly reports to the operations department. Complete all invoices in a timely fashion for correct client billing.
- Maintain regular contact with the operations department to report the current work situation and to discuss possible problems in the field.
Corporate and Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all tasks performed for the client meet or exceed the client's and Diversified standards.
- Maintain the professional image of Diversified, and promote new techniques/activities in order to increase potential markets to stay ahead of the competition.
- Propose to Management new innovative ideas for improvement of techniques and equipment used in the mud logging process.
- Maintain equipment/stock inventory, using the supply chain.
- Be aware of safety regulations and procedures as specified by the client, Diversified, and relevant safety authorities at all times, staying current with all ''DWL'' safety programs.
- Perform local Risk Assessments to ensure that hazardous operations are minimized, controlled, or procedures are put in place to minimize the circumstances which could impact our operations at well site.
- Be able to work required hours and travel to and from job sites safely
- 3+ years of experience in the field of mud logging, showing competence in all well logging procedures, monitoring, sample descriptions, and generation of Lithology Log
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Have adequate knowledge of basic oilfield industry terminology, practices, and technology
- Must provide a list of wells worked and your role on each well.
- Undergrad and advanced degrees in Geosciences (Geology, Petroleum Engineering) preferred but not mandatory.
This position pays $50,000 - $80,000 annually, plus bonuses. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education. Candidate must provide list of wells worked with resume for consideration.
Please specify your desired division: Gulf Coast/Gulf of Mexico, West Texas, South Texas, Pennsylvania.