Software Engineer - Oil Industry - 65-85k
- LA, LA
Diversified Well Logging provides the accuracy and expertise only a company with over sixty years in the oil and gas industry can deliver. We specialize in mud logging and mud logging related services, never losing sight of the most important aspect of working a well – formation evaluation. Our teams of experienced professionals use the latest technologies to provide secure and customized real-time data communication for our clients – we are our clients’ eyes and ears in the field. Learn more about DWL’s experience, technology, and specialized areas of expertise.
Diversified Well Logging has operations in Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Mexico. We also have a Geo-steering center in Pennsylvania, and are growing into other areas of the United States. We are committed to innovation, safety, and service.
DWL is always looking for qualified individuals to join our company. To express interest in joining our team, apply for one of our open positions, or complete our online survey.
Diversified Well Logging, LLC seeks a software development professional with oil and gas experience, specifically WITS and WITSML. Candidates with experience developing in XML for the oil industry should also apply. The ideal candidate is experienced taking a product from design through launch, and implementing all stages of product lifecycle including analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation, and support.
• Develop software products based on specific requirements and objectives
• Work with engineers, field personnel, and management on needs assessments
• Create product feature objectives and design/development plan and timeline
• Participate in development meetings and provide status updates to management
• Oversee testing and implementation of new products
• Provide QA assistance and end-user support as needed
• Draft and maintain user documentation
• Bachelor of Science or Computer Science Degree
• C#,.NET, C++, SQL,WITS, WITSML, XML
• Expertise developing products in C#, Object oriented Programming, and .NET platform.
• Experience with Real-Time systems
• Strong multi-threading, Socket programming, and Network programming
• Proven track record of designing scalable, distributed software applications
• Proven record of successful product development and launch
• Experience supporting internal and external end-users
• Solid fundamentals and analytical abilities
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work proactively and independently
• Good oral and written communication skills
This position is located in our Reserve, Louisiana facility. Candidate must be willing to relocate within a reasonable commuting distance from the facility. (ie - New Orleans or Baton Rouge areas)
Pleaes apply by emailing youre resume to email@example.com
Serious candidates only. We do not use recruitiers or recruiting agencies and prefer not to be contacted by them.