Electrical Site Design Engineer
- South Windsor, CT
Doosan is a renowned multi-national infrastructure, energy, and construction equipment business headquartered in South Korea. With revenues of over $20 billion last year, and over 40,000 people working in over 40 countries.
Doosan has expanded its global footprint on July 21, when Doosan Corporation announced the establishment of Doosan Fuel Cell America, a prestigious fuel cell business based in South Windsor, Connecticut. Doosan Fuel Cell America is delivering innovative and smart energy solutions today for businesses globally. Our innovative fuel cells are created for a wide range of applications and enable our customers to significantly lower their electricity bills, improve the energy efficiency of their facility or business, and reduce their carbon emissions by utilizing new clean tech solutions.
The Electrical Site Design Engineer reports to the Site Integration & Installation Manager. The Aftermarket Service and Site Integration organization is responsible for turn-key construction management of fuel cell combined heat and power installations. Working closely with our Installation Project Managers, the Electrical Site Design Engineer will contribute to delivering a world-class fuel cell system installed in the highest quality manner and ensuring a cost effective site installation. Individual must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that site specific installation drawings reflect project development proposals, value engineering opportunities, and adhere to the NEC and other applicable codes and standards. The ideal candidate will contribute to continuous improvement efforts across the organization by providing support to other departments such as Applications Engineering and Aftermarket Services. Additionally, the Electrical Site Design Engineer will be required to interact with electric utility companies, contractors, and customers where communication accuracy is critical.
- Work with Applications Engineering to develop customer solutions including either reviewing or creating electrical one-lines for the customer contract
- Contribute to Application Engineering’s concept reviews providing feedback regarding the technical feasibility and cost effectiveness of the concept
- Assist with the electrical interconnection application process with utility companies
- Develop electrical site design standards based on lessons learned, regulatory requirements, and cost savings opportunities
- Develop test procedures and site specific sequence of operations
- Work with equipment manufacturers and suppliers to create standard vendor-furnished products that are essential to the fuel cell installation
- Assist project managers and Aftermarket Services during site commissioning
- Develop and execute cost reduction initiatives
Performance will be measured relative to quality of the electrical site design and performance to estimated budget and by the rigor and discipline shown in effectively balancing conflicting stakeholder expectations.
- 5+ years of Electrical Engineering experience
- Electrical design experience
- Knowledge of construction documents, LV & MV electrical distribution equipment, drawings, specifications, the NEC, distributed generation, UL1741, IEEE1547, and power electronics
- Strong customer relations skills required
- Strong sense of detail with ability to multi-task
- Adaptability to complete various tasks as business needs change
B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Travel may be required (up to 20%)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.