Senior HR Generalist
- Edison, NJ
Dotcom Distribution is a leading third-party fulfillment and logistics provider in Edison, NJ. We offer "WOW factor" fulfillment services to some of the country's fastest growing internet and retail brands. You
can visit us at www.dotcomdist.com.
The Sr. HR Generalist will provide HR leadership and support in functional areas including labor management, recruitment and development and training. In addition, the Sr. HR Generalist will partner with our on-site staffing agencies to provide leadership and direction in all areas of labor management, staffing, and training of our hourly associates. A key responsibility of this position will be to build morale with the hourly associates, ensuring our associates are trained, challenged, and productive, while maintaining associate satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to Day management of the company's labor force, ranging in size from 200 – 500 workers
- Proactive employee relations by frequent interactions with associates. Build a positive rapport and trust with associates by frequently walking the floor and engaging associates,visiting during shift meetings and personal interactions.
- Partner with our staffing agencies' onsite managers to oversee the new associate on boarding, orientation, time and attendance tracking and recruiting process
- Create job descriptions where needed
- Lead and manage the organization's safety committee
- Maintain a safety atmosphere in order to promote safe work practices and a positive safety culture
- Ensure enforcement of OSHA regulations and company safety policies
- Identify training needs throughout the facility and work with the Sr. Director to implement programs.
- Identify ways to build morale amongst the hourly associates and increase the communication with management.
- Create and implement a robust safety program
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 4 years of experience in a Distribution, Warehouse, Logistics, or Operations environment preferred.
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA regulations and compliance
- Ability to assertively and efficiently multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication (oral and written) and consulting skills.
- Ability to identify root causes and resolve issues.
- Ability to work autonomously and in an ambiguous environment
- Computer proficiency in Word and Excel is required.
- Bilingual: English / Spanish
Dotcom Distribution offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package in an exciting fast paced environment.