Graphic Designer - Front End Web
- Brooklyn, NY
BE MIGHTY! Based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, and home of the Mighty Wallet™, Dynomighty Inc. is a creative company experiencing tremendous growth. With distribution to more than 1,600 stores in the US and 48 countries worldwide, 14M+ YouTube views on its dedicated channel, top recognition from both Google TV and TED, and a spot on Inc Magazine’s 2011 500|5000 fastest growing companies (#758), Dynomighty is widely recognized for its innovative approach to product and marketing. We are looking for a dynamic, outgoing and conscientious individual who wants to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative, start-up environment and is eager to grow with Dynomighty’s rapid expansion.
We are looking for a hard-working web developer to join our team. The individual in this role will join a team of remote and third-party developers to deliver functional, code-compliant, and aesthetically pleasing websites.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Create new designs and layouts, as well as update existing ones
- Cross-testing between all common browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.) to ensure website compatibility and accessibility for a wide audience.
- Remain current with relevant trends, technology, and standards to ensure that our website and code is up-to-date, standards-compliant, and fresh.
- Work with sales and production teams to understand their needs. Effectively communicate forecast of deliverables and stay up to date with seasonal projects, events, and deadlines.
- Email design, Blog design, 3rd Party online assets for Amazon, Ebay.
- Interface design for YouTube channel design, Facebook assets and other online social media outlets.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE:
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP. and best practices for user interface, user experience, and usability.
- Portfolio of previous work for review
- 1-3 years of experience in front end web development, ideally in e-commerce, wholesale, or other product-oriented field.
- A strong desire to be a part of an creative, entrepreneurial environment with a solid work ethic.
- Highly organized with excellent visual and written communication skills and collaborative nature.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work individually or with a team, and an understanding of the potential crossover.
- Experience in e-commerce, wholesale, or related field.
- Interest or experience in social media management.
- Additional development skills of any sort--front end, back end, languages, frameworks. Let us know what you can do, and what you might be able to build for us.
- Interests, passions, goals, skills, projects, or talents outside of work. Tell us all about it! We want to get a full picture of our prospective employees.
Candidates who neglect to include a cover letter ("message to the hiring manager") or answers to the application questions will not be considered.