- Brooklyn, NY
Dynomighty Design is dedicated to putting personal expression in every pocket.
Founded by artist-turned-entrepreneur Terrence Kelleman in 2002, Dynomighty has gone from one man, one design, and $300 to a thriving small business with a full staff and product line thanks to hard work, capitalizing on technology, and a whole lot of ingenuity.
We've got big dreams to bring to life, and we're looking for creative thinkers who love to find unexpected solutions, challenge themselves, and inspire others. We know it's not easy, but anyone who can rise to the challenges of a small, rapidly growing company will be rewarded. Dynomighty can feel like a different company every six months, and we need people who can keep up with the pace.
You will be challenged, you will learn, and you won't be alone. You will support, and be supported by, individuals just as dedicated and talented as you in the collective mission of bringing more creativity to the world.
Be Innovative, Be Creative, BE MIGHTY!
- Participate in a team-oriented environment to develop complex Web-based applications.
- Maintain existing codebases to include troubleshooting bugs and adding new features.
- Convert data from various formats (Excel, ACCESS etc.) into developed databases.
- Interface with customers directly to: gather requirements, troubleshoot problems, training etc.
- Balance a variety of concurrent projects.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
- Proven hands on experience with web application frameworks such as CAKE, Zend, etc.
- Proven hands on experience with SECURE CODING techniques
- Organization and analytic skills, with strong problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with version control systems such as SVN and CVS
- Hands on experience with LINUX especially using command line tools and writing SHELL scripts
- Experience using common business software such as WORD, PowerPoint, Excel and VISIO to visualize, discuss and present ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
Specific Job Experience:
- 3+ years writing and maintaining SQL in the PostgreSQL or MySQL databases.
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent with 3+ years direct hands on experience.
Our application process requires a resume, cover letter, and concise answers to a few screening questions. Candidates who neglect to complete all components of the application will not be considered.