Technical Account Manager
- Burnsville, MN
Founded in 1996, EAC Product Development Solutions (EAC) has maintained a focus on everything product development for more than fifteen years. Whatever your product development or engineering initiatives, we’re prepared to offer you world-class tools and services to help ensure you get successful products to market faster.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is essential to both the EAC sales and customer engagement processes. The TAM’s primary goal is to proactively educate and empower others in every engagement. They will prepare for and deliver software demonstrations and mentoring. The goal is to increase the customers’ knowledge and understanding of software and improve their overall skillset and optimize capacity. This will lead customers to realizing the potential benefits the software offers, ultimately resulting in increased sales of software, services, training and consulting. TAMs share a commitment to technical excellence and proficiency and continually set the standard for professionalism and support of EAC in all they do.
EAC Product Development Solutions will consider candidates in the following cities:
- Minneapolis, MN
- Detroit, MI
- Cleveland, OH
- Columbus, OH
- Milwaukee, WI
- Des Moines, IA
- Chicago, IL
- Pittsburgh, PA
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate, prepare for and deliver product demonstrations, and mentoring including but not limited to obtaining materials, managing logistics for delivery in various geographic locations.
- Team engagement; to include working directly with the sales team and end customer to define criteria and scope of demonstration and as trusted technical advisor through the fruition of the sale where applicable.
- Meet or exceed prescribed quality and effectiveness standards.
- Attain technical certifications by the second attempt and by the end of allotted prep time as scheduled and/or outlined in professional development plans.
- Promote EAC Product Development Solutions’ software, services, training and consulting as appropriate in all interaction with clients.
- Promote and participate in Product Development System Assessments (PDSA) or micro variations of this learning product, where TAM may be the Lead.
- Assist in the development of future demonstrations
- Act as a peer reviewer for demonstrations, demonstrations under development, and peer mentor for team members learning new material
- Participate in and suggest revenue-generating initiatives for the BDG, Technical Sales team and EAC while promoting software, services, training and consulting.
- Respond to client requests in a professional manner using established methods and escalation processes while effectively utilizing company resources.
- Communicate routinely with the Director of Business Development or designated senior team member as appropriate.
- Ultimately, engaging with customer, external and internal, in a learning manner to define criterian and ultimate scope to demonstrate the solution to solver their problem
- Additional projects or duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on industry-related, technical consulting or technical training experience with external client projects
- 2 year technical degree (4 year technical degree preferred)
- Prior experience with using, consulting or demonstrating PTC products, specifically Pro/ENGINEER, Creo and the Windchill family of products.
- Prior experience in sales demonstrations, adult technical education or manufacturer/distributor level in a technical environment and/or delivering technical information for purposes of demonstration and education
- Prior experience with a professional consulting services or product development organization is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge, skills and abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with the position.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models and technologies
- Attentive listening skills are a must
- Excellent oral communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills, whether face to face or in remote environment where web interface may be used
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work effectively with team members toward customer satisfaction and success
- Customer-focused attitude; committed to customer success
- moderate amount of business travel
- Ability to manage deadlines
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
The EAC work Environment is reflective of our Five Tenets. Our employee base is chosen and developed in accordance with our Core Values.
- Be the best
- Do it right
- Work smart
- Be profitable
- Have fun
EAC Core Values:
- Driven to win
- Accountability to team/Responsibility for action
- Customer Centric
- Continuous Improvement
The position requires a moderate amount of business travel.
Physical abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Light sedentary office work.
- Ability to travel to sites throughout North America as needed.
- Overnight travel required.
EAC offers the following benefits to employees based on full time status.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Health Flexible Savings Account
- Dependent Day Care Reimbursement Account
- 401(k) Traditional and Roth
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Eight Paid Holidays
- This is a remote position