EF International Language Centers
Miami Beach, Florida, USA
EF Miami Beach is currently seeking a passionate, energetic, service-focused activity coordinator for our international language school. We are looking for an expert who knows the best there is to offer in the Miami Beach and South Florida area. You are the go-to person among your social circles for planning events, nights out on the town, and unforgettable weekends. You are known for your positive attitude, infectious personality, and a nothing is impossible mindset.
- Participates in, Organizes and implements social, cultural and sporting activities program appropriate to students’ needs.
- Liaises with local and national service providers to negotiate rates & deals for student excursions.
- Liaises with local & national companies & organizations to negotiate discounts & memberships for EF students.
- Assists with registration of new students on arrival
- Gives brief presentation of role & services to new students on arrival
- Produces monthly activities program & monthly school newsletter and makes this available to students.
- Liaises with colleagues in other EF schools nationwide to organize/host/promote interschool events
- Accompanies activities & excursions as required – including regular evening & weekend work.
- Ensures appropriate staffing for groups and tours
- Promotes school events and excursions and designs advertising posters, leaflets etc.
- Administers the ordering and selling of EF merchandise.
- Responsible for daily banking of takings and maintaining accurate records.
- Monitors stocks of EF merchandise, local maps, etc.
- Keeps accurate and up to date filing systems and accurate financial records
- Provide student welfare assistance to students where required.
- Ensures that varied information is available to students for leisure time activities, such as tourist information for other destinations, travel information and timetables. Ensures that information is clearly displayed and regularly updated.
- Take part in training programs for visiting sales staff.
- Shares emergency on call duties with other school staff on rotating basis.
- Organizes school staff events.
- Updates school’s My EF account 6 months in advance
- Maintains school’s Facebook account daily
- Manages the school shuttle service and team of drivers
- Able to work autonomously while still supporting colleagues in a team
- Organized with attention to details
- Innovative and able to organize activities for underage students as well as adult students to suit their needs
- Excellent in customer service
- Outgoing & confident personality
- Cultural sensitivity
- Enjoy working in busy & dynamic environment
- Enjoy multi-tasking
- Creative & energetic with lots of common sense is key
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm under pressure
- Strong communication & people skills
- Computer literate & comfortable with most current software and minor IT issues
- Bachelor’s degree
In your application, please upload your resume and cover letter in the same document.
EF International Language Centers is dedicated to the promotion of international understanding through cultural exchange and language learning. Students come from about 50 different countries to stay with paid host families, engage in language lessons, and participate in cultural activities.
EF International Language Centers is a division of EF. EF stands for “Education First”. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people transform their lives by breaking down the barriers of language, culture and geography. Today we’re the world’s largest private education company- offering every imaginable way to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture, or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://www.ef.com/careers.
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.