UX Designer- Mid-level
EF Educational Tours – The Studio
Cambridge, MA, USA
The Studio at EF Educational Tours, part of the EF’s in-house creative team Tours Creative Group, is looking for an experienced User Experience Designer to join our growing team. As UX Designer, you will report to the Creative Director and work closely with copywriters, UI designers, creative technologists and the development team, as well as marketing and business stakeholders. You'll also be a part of EF’s global design community, including teams in Toronto, London, Zurich and Shanghai.
Key projects include collaborating on a mobile-first, responsive web platform - the first step is enhancing EF Educational Tours entire customer experience on and off the Web. To experience the just-launched mobile alpha version, visit eftours.com on your smartphone (or m.eftours.com). Scale up to Web and adoption by multiple EF products are the key projects to follow.
The UX designer needs to have strong visual problem solving skills and a solid understanding of interactive design. With the support of our designers, developers, writers and video producers, UX designers must craft user experiences that integrate strategic and conceptual elements.
EF is a large company with a small company feel. We foster a highly collaborative working environment which encourages ideas from every member of the team. With the support of senior management, project managers and a skilled cross-functional team, the UX designer has ample opportunities for creative experimentation and professional growth.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional, Agile project team
- Create complete design solutions that address business, brand and user requirements
- Iteratively refine designs based on feedback from the project team and business stakeholders
- Produce wireframes, site maps, user flows, and other deliverables for a range of projects including: the public facing website, the personal web experience for our customers, tools for supporting the on-tour experience for our customers and our staff in the field, and more
- Effectively communicate ideas, design rationale and the specifics of the user centered design process
- Participate in and help plan user research studies
- Oversee your design vision from wireframes to live release, working closely with product and development during QA stages
- 3+ years professional experience as a User Experience designer
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Design or related field strongly preferred
- Strong active listening and communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Familiarity with user-centered methodologies
- Comfortable presenting designs both formally and informally
- Ability to design simple, usable experiences that scale across a complex suite of products
- Willingness to travel internationally (potentially 1-2 weeks travel per year)
- Understand opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms (web, smartphone, tablet)
EF Educational Tours offers international learning opportunities designed to provide students with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them. For more information, visit eftours.com.
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to break down barriers of language, culture, and geography. To date, EF has helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit ef.com/careers.
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer