Outside Sales Consultant
- San Diego, CA
Do something different, make a real difference
EF stands for "Education First". Since 1965, we have helped millions of people transform their lives by breaking down the barriers of language, culture and geography. Today, we're the world's largest private education company - offering every imaginable way to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture, or earn an academic degree.
With our business expanding in every corner of the world, we're always looking for enthusiastic self-starters ready to make their mark on the global stage years before their peers. How is that possible? An entrepreneurial spirit permeates everything we do: we make fast decisions, capitalize on unexpected opportunities, invest in the right ideas. In fact, behind each of our successes lies an enterprising EF person who had a clever idea, led a strong team, or found an innovative solution.
How will you make a difference?
Outside Sales Consultant
San Diego, CA
Explore America is in an excellent position to hire a dedicated new salesperson to leverage our evolution and success in outside sales in our San Diego Territory. We currently seek an experienced sales professional who is dedicated to our cause and to prospecting on a daily basis. We will provide a list of contacts and a proven sales process. However, success will only come to someone who is self-driven, smart, organized, motivated, articulate, confident, and can demonstrate a proven track record of finding and developing sales opportunities.
The Outside Sales Consultant will be responsible for developing new business in their assigned territory, ensuring high levels of retention through top-notch customer service, and building strong district-level relationships. This will be achieved through focusing heavily on field meetings and high-volume phone sales, competition accounts, and aggressive self-lead generation. This person maintains a strong relationship with each educator through consistent and collaborative contact while working closely with other departments to ensure strong customer service and flawless tour production.
- Drive new sales through working with prospective educators
- Developing and executing long term sales strategy by mapping out competitive terrain and forging relationships with school district officials and administrators
- Provide competitive market intelligence and translate it into enhanced revenues and competitive positioning
- Work with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships across departments
- Database and Lead Management
- Forecast sales with consistent and accurate sales reporting
- Host or attend internal and external networking functions and events
- Ability to present information effectively and ability respond to questions/inquiries from co-workers and clients in a timely manner
- Willingness to work long, irregular hours - including nights or weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven track record of success in outside sales with 3+ years’ experience focusing on New Business / Sales and Account Management
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills
- Mature individual exhibiting self-motivated accountability
- Ability to build strong relationships externally and internally
- Possess a personality that reflects the company
- Immediate ability to execute a prospecting plan with weekly updates to management team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental sales methodology
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Driven team player with strong work ethic
- Travel is required. Must be able to drive and own a car
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
Explore America provides educational tours for students across America so that they may discover our nation’s best learning destinations. To learn more visit www.EFExploreAmerica.com
Explore America is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to break down barriers of language, culture, and geography. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visithttp://www.ef.com/careers.
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.