Finance & Accounting Assistant
- Teaneck, NJ
ELLKAY, the “Healthcare Data Plumbers”
ELLKAY is a nationwide leader in health care connectivity delivering innovative solutions that support the data migration needs of all members of the healthcare ecosystem. ELLKAY is playing a vital role in helping healthcare organizations access and share data among disparate systems. We are recognized by our e-health industry partners, independent medical group practices, hospitals and health systems, laboratories, and payers as the “Healthcare Data Plumbers” that make data migration and interoperability possible.
Our 'Client-first' focus has made ELLKAY one of the most respected healthcare IT companies in the nation. We value our clients and believe that strong relationships are the foundation for a strong company, and we're dedicated to providing connectivity to the healthcare industry.
Company Culture: We deal with medical data and we take our work very seriously, but not ourselves. If you’re a smart, hard-working, dedicated individual who thrives in a laidback, friendly work environment, ELLKAY may be the place for you. We’re committed to attracting good people who are passionate about the work they do.
ELLKAY was founded over a decade ago on the values of innovation, efficiency, and service created in a collaborative work culture. As we have grown, we are proud to still possess the same energy and passion for what we do. We strive to provide exceptional customer experiences to our clients, which begins with first employing amazing people. ELLKAY is proud to maintain a high-quality, innovative, and diverse workforce.
The Finance & Accounting Assistant processes and reconciles a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, billings, vendor statements, and journal entries; review and send job quotes; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes payments and documents such as invoices, job quotes, and billing statements.
- Communicates with clients on all billing and finance related topics.
- Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from JTS and QuickBooks.
- Creation and entry of Client Purchase Orders in company system.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system, according to instructions.
- Verifies items billed against items ordered and received and reconciles differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees.
- Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors.
- Designs, prepares, and maintains system reports.
- Files required records and reports.
- Determines content and assembles data in order to prepare monthly reports for review.
- Reconciliation of accounts and collection calls, if required.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Excellent ability to communicate with people at all levels of an organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning abilities with skill in ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and high level of accuracy in record-keeping and follow-up.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated accounting systems, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting preferred.
- Two years of administrative support experience, including one year in Finance, Billing, or Accounting department.
- Experience working with QuickBooks required.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry desired.
- Familiarity with IT industry a plus.
This is an onsite position at our Teaneck HQ.
For more information on our company, visit www.ELLKAY.com.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with salary requirements and resume.
ELLKAY LLC is a Smoke-Free Workplace.