13-0349 Linux System Administrator
- Chantilly, VA
We are looking for. . . .Remarkable people who are critical thinkers, intellectually curious and passionate.
People who are great at what they do and create value by generating ideas and results that exceed expectations and delight customers.
People who know the meaning of "work hard/play hard", who like to laugh and have fun at work, consider their co-workers to be friends, and who appreciate our "bring your dog to the office" policy.
If you are a skilled worker looking to advance your career and seeking placement with some of the country’s top engineering firms and technical employers, then you've also come to the right place.
Mandatory Skills - Candidate must have all skills listed:
We are looking for dynamic, professional, team-oriented, self-motivated individual with good communication skills.
- Perform duties and tasking as directed to meet varying mission needs across multiple projects and programs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to comprehend database methodologies.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
- Is able to work with little direction or supervision.
- Demonstrates good personal time management skills, including punctuality, time reporting and completion of assigned tasks within agreed time frames.
- Bachelors degree or higher in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- 15+ years Systems Administrator and Engineer of a Large-Scale Linux environment.
- Lustre a Plus
- High Performance Computing (HPC) and/or Grid Computing a Plus
- 15+ years experience with knowledge of servers operating systems (Linux)
- 5+ years experience of Large-Scale (Terabytes) Linux environments.
- 5+ years Large-Scale (Terabytes) Data Sensitivity and Handling.
- 5+ years experience in system engineering or relevant technical experience in the general area of computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- 5+ years experience with full life-cycle security activities (from Requirements to O&M).
- Ability to create advanced SQL Joins:
- SQL-Server and Oracle experience a Plus
- Lucene a Plus
- Perl and Shell Scripting a Plus
- Image processing a Plus
- Advanced knowledge of servers operating systems (Windows, Linux)
- Lustre a Plus