Product Marketing Specialist
- Saint Paul, MN
EMC Publishing is a premier publisher of educational textbooks, supplements, technology, and assessments for the K-12 market. The company was founded in 1954 in St. Paul, Minnesota and quickly established itself as a leader in World Language education in classrooms throughout the nation. Over the years, EMC has expanded into the academic fields of Literature and Language Arts, Economics, American Government, Personal Finance, and Computer Literacy.
EMC Publishing, LLC
EMC Publishing, LLC is a premier publisher of educational textbooks, supplements, technology, and assessments for the K-12, post-secondary, and adult education Market. The company was founded in 1954 in St. Paul, Minnesota and quickly established itself as a leader in World Language education in classrooms throughout the nation. Over the years, EMC has expanded into the academic and technical fields of Health Careers and Computer Literacy.
EMC Publishing, LLC publishes print and electronic educational materials under four imprints:
- EMC—secondary textbook programs in the categories of World Languages (K-12), Literature and Language Arts, Economics, American Government, and Personal Finance.
- Paradigm—materials for secondary and post-secondary students in the fields of Computer Applications, Business Education, and Health Careers.
- JIST—the country’s premier career publisher with materials for secondary, post-secondary, and adult education on job search, career exploration, occupational information, life skills, and character education.
- Lawrenceville Press—secondary textbook programs in Computer Applications and Computer Programming.
EMC is committed to developing comprehensive educational materials and providing personalized service to educators. Known as innovators in the educational field, EMC provides the most advanced textbook programs and technology courseware for K-12 and post-secondary schools throughout the country.
Product Marketing Specialist
Understand and become knowledgeable with all Paradigm and JIST products. Successfully plan and implement marketing campaigns to gain exposure in applicable markets and increase sales and market share. Work closely with Marketing Product Managers to develop promotional materials, perform market research, and analyze results of marketing campaigns and sales trends. Produce communication tools and collateral including catalogs, direct mail and email deployments, social media and company website content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create copy for promotional marketing collateral including brochures, flyers, emails, social media, and company websites
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop, create, and deploy marketing collateral
- Create email campaigns using software such as ExactTarget and other deployment systems
- Post and maintain product content on company website
- Utilize Blogging, SEO, social networking, and link building to increase our web presence and placementUtilize blogging, SEO, and link building to increase our web presence and placement
- Leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with current and potential customers
- Manage targeted mail and email lists from company database
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, standardized process for the collection, measurement and reporting of lead generation activity and spend
- Develop and implement the reporting tools and dashboards required to understand and illustrate marketing ROI and campaign effectiveness
- Assist in developing pricing strategies and approaches to support revenue models
- Leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with potential customersLeverage social networks to strengthen relationships with potential customersAnalyze marketing lead generation performance over time to illustrate trends and performance curves for marketing forecasting & planning
- Conduct market research on competitive products, companies, pricing and trends
- Coordinate shipments and activities for national trade shows, attending as necessary
- Work closely with Sales Operations Specialist to ensure all field inquiries are addressed
- Facilitate regular communication with the sales team on marketing initiatives and results
- Assist in creating product guides and coordinate necessary trainings for sales force
- Assist in hiring, training, and supervising marketing interns
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications
- 2-3 years’ experience in marketing and communications
Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on time
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications, web applications, etc.
- Publishing experience preferred, but not required
- Requires the ability to travel
EMC Publishing offers market-competitive salary with excellent benefits.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your salary requirements, resume and cover letter and apply through employment<at>emcp.com or monster.com
No phone calls please.
EMC Publishing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
EMC Publishing, LLC is committed to providing Equal opportunity to all applicants. In accordance with our policies and federal law, we’re committed to provide reasonable accommodations so if you are a qualified disabled person, a disabled veteran or have other barriers to access our online application system, please contact Ashley at 651-290-2800 to discuss alternative ways to apply for employment.