Sales Support Administrative Assistant
- New York, NY
Who is MDC?
MDC is one of the world's largest sources of commercial wall designs and coatings. MDC’s portfolio includes eco-friendly products, digital imaging solutions; paint/coatings; hand-crafted wall designs; dry-erase coatings; decorative wall panels; luxury textiles; foils; grasses; woods and vinyls. The company is known for its ability to produce solutions that meet the needs of the design community.
MDC has earned a reputation for innovative products, value and service. MDC is actively involved in product research and development, as well as the ongoing and extensive training of their associates. These two efforts keep the company in the forefront with new materials and technologies, and MDC’s team of sales representatives is known to be among the most knowledgeable in the industry.
Today, MDC has more than 70 outside sales representatives in five regional offices. They are supported by a staff of approximately 75 corporate associates in MDC’s suburban Chicago, Ill., offices, as well as a worldwide distribution network.
- Provide Sales Support to Regional Sales Staff and Regional Manager.
- Provide customers and sales reps with product and service information.
- Research shipment inquires, order tracking.
- Follow up on customer inquires not immediately resolved.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer, various departments and sales team in the field.
- Provide pricing and respond to customer request.
- Work with other corporate departments to resolve holds, freight and any other items related to servicing the customer.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by Regional Manager
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Perform general office duties.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Work with different departments in Corporate Office, such as the Digital Department, Customer Service and Marketing Departments.
College degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledgeable using Office
Working knowledge of graphic elements (resolution, aspect ratio, etc.) and software used (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
5+ years of experience in a support role
Work between 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Strong attention to detail and highly organized
Professional business acumen
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Ability to work under pressure
Portrays a positive attitude
Maintain high level of confidentiality
All interested applicants must apply online
Applicants with no resume attachment will not be considered
Our Company is committed to providing
Equal Employment Opportunities
to all employees and applicants.EEO / AA
FMLA Initial Notification