- Culver City, CA
Easter Seals has been helping individuals with disabilities and special needs, and their families, live better lives for more than 80 years. Whether helping someone improve physical mobility, return to work or simply gain greater independence for everyday living, Easter Seals offers a variety of services to help people with disabilities address life's challenges and achieve personal goals.
Easter Seals Southern California provides state-of-the-art and evidence-based behavioral services, treatment and consultation services. We provide education, outreach and advocacy so that people living with autism and other disabilities can live, learn, work and play in our communities. To learn more about Easter Seals Southern California visit our website at http://southerncal.easterseals.com.
Occupational Therapist Job Summary:
This position will provide quality, discipline-specific treatment for children with developmental delays, disabilities, and autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
The Occupational Therapist will evaluate children in perceptual/sensory motor, fine motor and activities of daily living, and will develop and monitor individualized goals and plans according to treatment plan. Also provide discipline-specific consultation/coaching to other direct-care staff and care givers. Complete necessary documentation and attend/assist in meetings as requested.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school or program. Current Board of Occupational Therapy license issued by the state of California. Current Registration with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- One year consulting experience working with infants/young children with developmental delays.
- Knowledgeable in occupational therapy, trans-disciplinary early-intervention theories, and rehabilitation principles and practices.
- Knowledgeable of evidence-based practices found to benefit children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Familiar with the field of early intervention.
- Customer service orientated and professional.
- Demonstrate good judgment, decision-making, and communication skills with a variety of individuals and groups. Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Mus relate well to children and their families.
- Verygood working knowledge in all applicable computer programs (Microsoft Office).
- Valid CPR certification.
- Abilityto pass background/fingerprint clearance, health screenings and provide/obtain immunizations.
- Abilityto lift up to 40 pounds repetitively. This position requires frequent bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, and twisting in order to observe assess and interact with participants.
Other Requirements and Information about the Position:
- Positions are available in Kern, Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties; travel required to assigned areas.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Full-timeand part-time positions available.
- Compensation dependent on experience and/or education.