Senior C NET Developer
- Washington, DC
Edgesource Corporation provides information technology and business consulting services to the federal government. We are a stable and growing small business offering excellent growth potential for business minded professionals.
Edgesource is looking for a senior .NET developer with strong C#, VB, and ASP development skills. Located in downtown DC/Chinatown, supporting DHS. Metro accessible location
-- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN --
Essential Job Functions
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents highly complex programs. Develops complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Designs systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation. Identifies issues, recommends document changes and implements same.
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Prepares time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers.
- Supports project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
- May serve as technical project lead; provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews. Provides recommendations and revisions to programs and documents.
- Provides consulting services in a technical and/or managerial capacity to management and technical staff. May represent company in presentations or conferences involving customers, co-contractors, suppliers, competitors, academia or the public.
- Develops work plans and work estimates for large scope projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of programming or testing experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
Job Specific Qualifications
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of technical experience in software engineering or development with a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in software engineering or development
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Microsoft Visual Studio 2003/05/08 development tools for client server applications and three (3) or more years of client server using C#, VB and .NET
- Minimum of five (5) years experience working within a software development lifecycle methodology (e.g., ITIL, CMMI, SDLC)
- Strong skills in programming
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Project management skills
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
Desired Skills, not required
- C# code and .NET framework expertise
- Experience in the requirements, design, coding, unit/integration test lifecycle phases
- Develop and execute unit test scripts
- Conduct and document code and unit test peer review
- Experience with Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server/Visual Source
- Development experience with one or more of the following
- C#, .NET, SQL, Windows 200x, Install Shield or WISE packaging, Configuration Management, SOAP, XML
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a USCIS 6C clearance (level of Public Trust clearance)
- All work must be conducted at work location – No remote work
- Candidate will be expected to conduct/participate in peer reviews and assist team members with problem resolution.
About the Position:
Full-Time employment position
Good benefits package including:
- 2 weeks PTO/year + 3 personal days to start, as well as all Federal holidays after 90 days
- Group rate PPO plan, and full coverage vision and dental plans.
- Immediate start
- Compensation based on qualifications