- Fairfax, VA
Founded in 1998 by educator, Ann Dolin, Educational Connections was created as a one-man-show and a labor of love. We’ve since grown into one of the most superior educational organizations in the DC metro area, having worked with over 9,000 students. These students have come to us with a myriad of educational backgrounds, some in the pursuit of perfect SAT scores, others struggling to overcome severe learning differences. Throughout the past 16 years our pool of highly qualified tutors have not only helped these students reach their academic goals, but have taught them the skills necessary to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Fast track your career while making the difference in the lives of thousands of children by joining a quickly-growing team that's on the cutting edge of education. No experience in education? No problem, we'll teach you!
This position is for someone who wants to offer a service, not push it, and who wants to feel fulfilled in their role. What would you be doing? Let us share!
What you'll do:
• Talk to parents over the phone and match high school students with tutors. To be successful in this role, you need to be driven by goals, but you also need to have a warm personality and a strong organization skill set that allows you to place students with the perfect tutor.
• Grow the business. You will be connecting with current referral sources and forging new relationships with education professionals in schools and private practice.
• Consult with parents after practice tests. The term practice makes perfect is definitely true when it comes to test prep. For this reason, we offer full-length, practice ACT and SAT tests multiple times a month. You would be responsible for providing feedback to parents on their student's performance.
• Ensure the highest quality service. We have an excellent reputation in the field of education and want to keep it that way. You will be responsible for customer satisfaction, score increases, and monitoring students’ programs.
• Assist with implementation of test prep tutor trainings. You will support tutors to best prepare their students for the SAT and ACT. We want to set our tutors up for success to make the most out of their tutoring sessions.
What does this mean for you?
• You'll make a difference. Nothing will be more satisfying than the first email or phone call you receive from a parent telling you that the tutor you found for their son and daughter literally changed the child's life.
• We offer fantastic benefits. For our full-time employees, Educational Connections offers health insurance, a 401k retirement plan with company match, three weeks' paid vacation time, an end of the year bonus, and paid federal holidays.
• The work environment is amazing. We're big on both location and easy commuting. Our Fairfax office sits in the heart of downtown Fairfax with a number of restaurants and shops close by. Plus, we're right off of 123, route 50, and right off of 66, so the commute is about as easy as it gets in the DC area.
• The team is even more amazing. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more fun, energetic, and creative group of people. Truthfully, the majority of us are Type-A to the core, but we have a lot of fun. Trivia nights, company National games, happy hours, etc.
• Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You'll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won't be just another cog in the wheel.
Key Competencies (qualities applicant must have)
• Customer Focused
• Detail Oriented
• Team Player
Up for the challenge? To apply now, email us a copy of your resume and cover letter. Please, no phone calls.
• Bachelor's degree
• 1+ years of experience (junior to mid-level position with room for growth)
• Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (must pass proficiency test)
• Application submitted with a resume.