Service Desk Director
- Edwardsville, IL
The Edwardsville YMCA is dedicated to enriching the lives of all individuals and families in the communities we serve through programs and services based on Christian principles that promote a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The YMCA Areas of Focus
We believe that to bring about meaningful change in individuals and communities, we must be focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of focus:
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT: Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
HEALTHY LIVING: Improving the nation's health and well-being.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Giving back and providing support to our neighbors
The Service Desk Director must be an experienced customer service manager with a passion for delivering superior customer service in a welcoming environment to YMCA members and visitors utilizing the service desk and drop-in child care areas at the Meyer or Esic Center. Candidates must possess flexibility and outstanding multi-tasking skills to work in our fast-paced, family-oriented environment. The Service Desk Director will be a working supervisor expected to perform desk duties, while providing quality leadership, training, supervision and direction to the service desk and drop-in child care staff at the facility. The Service Desk Director will need to manage staff throughout the YMCA's operating hours. In addition to excellent interpersonal skills, this position requires strong organization, communication and training skills as well as a high degree of personal integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction while exemplifying the "Y" values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
1. Bachelor's Degree in business related discipline or equivalent experience.
2. Established experience and work history as a customer service manager in a high traffic, customer service environment.
3. Excellent writing, communication and computer skills.
4. Enthusiastic ability to foster positive relationships with a diverse group of employees, members and volunteers
5. Proven success in selecting, supervising and developing staff of all ages.
6. First Aid and CPR instructor certifications or obtain within 30 days of hire.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
YOU MUST COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE ONLINE YMCA EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, at http://www.candidatelink.com/edwymca, IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
RESUME AND COVER LETTER ARE OPTIONAL.