Python Web Developer
- Detroit, MI
EmTacq specializes in EMployer Talent ACQuisitions, matching the most qualified candidates with the most competitive positions available. We pride ourselves on not just putting bodies in seats, rather matching professionals to their careers. We are headquartered in the Raleigh / Durham, NC area. However, as a recruiting agency we service companies and candidates across the United States. We are your best source for professional, value driven low cost recruitment services.
Our primary focus is providing a one-on-one recruiter relationship and provide top Direct hire performers to our clients. Our goal is to make each hiring experience simple and successful. We want to be your “Employment Partner" and are excited to assist you with all your employment needs. We look forward to building and maintaining a solid relationship.
Our MISSION STATEMENT is to provide "Personnel Services with a Personal Touch". Our philosophy is to employ only the best, skilled candidates to create the perfect "fit" for each client. We follow that up with unsurpassed customer service.
A Python Web Developer has at least 2 years of professional experience building python applications for embedded or web-based projects. Experience with Pylons is a plus. The Python Web Developer will work on a project by project basis with every level of the team. Primarily responsible for building quality, testable code in an iterative environment as well as ongoing maintenance and improvement of existing code.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver accurate estimates, provide regular feedback and consistently meet project deadlines.
- Quickly understand requirements and build out initial code with tests.
- Take existing code and modify as required.
- Participate in Design and Code Reviews.
- Understand and help enhance the existing development processes.
- Basic Server Administration tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applied experience in a team environment using Python.
- Solid understanding of supporting libraries (PIL, PyMongo, Python-MySQL, etc).
- Solid understanding of supporting tools (GIT, FTP, vi, etc).
- Collaborative development experience; Able to explain complex ideas and concepts to non-technical team members.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Must welcome and embrace challenges, focusing on coming up with solutions and options to solve these challenges.
- Team-oriented experience highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills regardless of audience.
Nice to Have:
- Photoshop and/or design experience.
- Amazon Web Services experience.
- Unix administration experience.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Established portfolio of work and/or code samples.
Must be a US citizen or Green Card holder or H1B transfer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.