- Columbia, MD
Emerging Dynamics Group LLC (EDG) is a value-added provider of program managementsupport for information technology and mission support programs for the government, education institutions, the healthcare industry, and the private sector.
Our executive team has over 20 years of experience in project management; information technology; financial management; federal compliance; and government sales.
EDG is committed to providing innovative, high quality solutions to achieve mission objectives such as protecting cyberspace, improving performance, and increasing returns on investments.
Our program management experience includes traditional project management; budget formulation management; compliance with government directives; and validating IT solutions through our enterprise architecture, information security, and requirements managementexpertise.
EDG distinguishes itself as a premier solutions integrator in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area focused on delivering innovative solutions and emerging technologies that enhance our customer’s business operations. We provide flexible, cost effective solutions and services that contribute to solving the complex business challenges with which our customers are faced.
"Emerging Solutions with Dynamic Results"
SharePoint MOSS Server Administrator to optimize SharePoint servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported. The candidate will have extensive infrastructure skills in the design, packaging, delivery and support of web infrastructure technologies. This includes designing, installing, configuring, administering, and fine-tuning Windows operating systems and SharePoint components across the organization in a timely and efficient manner.
Installation and configuration to include all aspects of system administration including installation of new hardware, operating system provisioning and upgrading, loading and patching applications and operating system software.
Will coordinate, and participate in key process improvements for SharePoint MOSS environments throughout the organization. Will provide assistance to content management and help desk support for portal users and evaluate user requirements for applications within the SharePoint environment. Provide specialized programming to augment SharePoint 2007 capabilities and to provide additional portal-based tools.
The position will be responsible for:
- Deployment of new SharePoint environment
- Managing system security
- System patching and upgrades
- Performing configuration of SharePoint
- Backup and restore
- Configuring SharePoint services and settings
- Documenting SharePoint configuration and architecture
- Managing site quotas and file size limits
- Reviewing and monitoring usage reports
- Managing content databases and creating new ones as required
- Administering and maintaining sites and sub-sites
- Managing security for sites and sub-sites
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or 4-5 years of experience with the design, packaging, delivery and support of web infrastructure technologies to include 2+ years of experience with SharePoint Systems administration and 4+ years of experience as system administrator in a Windows environment.
- 2+ years of experience with SharePoint Systems administration - SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010
- Must have significant experience with SharePoint Portal Server (MOSS) and demonstrated experience configuring and managing SharePoint servers and user interface environments.
- Must have demonstrated experience with administering MOSS solutions involving Knowledge Management, Collaboration, Content Management, and Document Management.
- Strong infrastructure skills in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge and experience working with Windows Server 2008, SharePoint Index Server, clustering and related hardware.
- SQL Server 2000/2005
- Knowledge on SQL Server 2008 is a plus
- A working knowledge of and a proven ability to implement Microsoft’s current Office SharePoint Server 2007 platform and supporting technologies
- Internet Information Server 6.0/7
- Microsoft Office desktop application integration with SharePoint
- Windows networking principles and protocols (IPX, NETBEUI, TCP/IP), network design, and network monitoring, and device configuration (NCIS).
- Understanding and design of taxonomies in a SharePoint environment
- Experience with SharePoint Designer (and/or FrontPage 2003)
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory domains and networking concepts
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience with Windows domain models and security
- Ability to work with .NET developers to develop custom solution
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Desired but not required.
US CITIZENSHIP: All Qualified Candidates must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.