- Lanham-Seabrook, MD
Emerging Dynamics Group LLC (EDG) is a value-added provider of program managementsupport for information technology and mission support programs for the government, education institutions, the healthcare industry, and the private sector.
Our executive team has over 20 years of experience in project management; information technology; financial management; federal compliance; and government sales.
EDG is committed to providing innovative, high quality solutions to achieve mission objectives such as protecting cyberspace, improving performance, and increasing returns on investments.
Our program management experience includes traditional project management; budget formulation management; compliance with government directives; and validating IT solutions through our enterprise architecture, information security, and requirements managementexpertise.
EDG distinguishes itself as a premier solutions integrator in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area focused on delivering innovative solutions and emerging technologies that enhance our customer’s business operations. We provide flexible, cost effective solutions and services that contribute to solving the complex business challenges with which our customers are faced.
"Emerging Solutions with Dynamic Results"
The key objectives of the Collaboration Engineer (CE) are to learn to understand and implement the technical requirements of Collaboration projects, which include VoIP, Video, Presence,
Customer Contact and Collaborative Applications. The CE is to work with the Senior Collaboration Engineers (SCE) to understand project process, lifecycle and documentation.
They need to strive toward the precise execution of the process and documentation and to participate in the improvement thereof.
Candidates must be able to design, implement and support enterprise wide VoIP infrastructure and associated hardware and software including IP-PBXs, legacy PBX systems, call management systems, voice mail, soft-phones, automatic call distribution, and interactive voice response systems.
- The position also includes planning, requirements gathering, specification, design, implementation, and solution turnover to the support teams.... Be responsible for Architectural designs, documentation, and coordination.
- Obtain and retain manufacturer certifications based on organizational and personal objectives. (Defined with the assistance of the Team Lead)
- Receive and follow the tasks as provided by the Senior Collaboration Engineer, update any required documentation and to have the SCE review your work.
- Stay current with technology trends, customer needs, and market demand.
- Learn the following based on specialty; IP Telephony, routing, switching, gateways, site surveys, video endpoints, video infrastructure, QOS, Core Unified Communications, Enterprise Content Management, Presence and / or Customer contact applications
- Participate in a well organized team environment based on the following values:
- Business Comprehension (Professionalism and Certifications)
- Learn to understand the customer environment (technical and political) and when escalation to the SCE is appropriate.
- Participate in the modification and continual improvement of the both the professional services project documentation and the project implementation processes
- Implement the project processes and documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot integrated technology issues and maintain an accurate issues list.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 2-3 years of relevant job experience
- Entry level industry certifications
- CCNA Voice or better
- CCDA or better
- Microsoft LYNC or SharePoint certification
- InfoComm or other VTC / AV certifications
- TDM/ PBX vendor certifications
- Excellent communications and documentation skills
- Must be able to use, Word, Excel, Visio and Project at a minimum
- Bending and reaching associated with unpacking and packing computer equipment
- Writing and or typing documentation describing work performed or to be performed
- Must be capable of driving a motorized vehicle for commuting to various sites.
Office environment and/or customer job-sites which may include working in confined areas, some seasonal heat and/or Job hazards of working around and with computer, network and telephony equipment and/or Warehouse environments.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be clearable to work in the US Government or pass a financial background check (when applicable)
Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.