Medical Scheduling Specialist
- Fort Collins, CO
Encompass Medical Partners, LLC is a medical management company that offers full-service solutions based on the specific needs of your practice.
In this modern world, many medical providers just want to focus on their craft. Unfortunately, they find themselves buried in compliance conferences, billing processes, legislation worries, and a litany of other administrative concerns. Our purpose is to assist you in this process. Encompass employs field specialists in credentialing, compliance, medical billing, information technology and human resources. Our leaders have decades of experience in practice management. We can put that expertise to work for you.
Running a medical practice in today’s world is a challenge. Our objective is to provide you with solutions that match the needs of your particular practice and allow you to focus on what you do best…medicine.
Encompass Medical Partners…building healthy practices.
Job Description for Scheduling Specialist
Title: Scheduling Specialist
Reports To: Director of Provider Services
Compensation: Hourly, Commensurate with Experience
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Main Purpose of Job: The Scheduling Specialist will be responsible for accurately creating the schedule for our anesthesia providers and reconciling any availability issues with physician preferences. This position requires a high-level attention to detail as the Scheduling Specialist must have a 100% precise schedule before posting on our internal site and assignment boards for the hospitals we work with. The right candidate will also be expected to become knowledgeable in EPIC, the Electronic Health Record System.
- Gathering schedules from multiple hospitals/Ambulatory Service Centers
- Populating a schedule worksheet and verifying it against provider availability
- Responding quickly to necessary scheduling changes – the Scheduler will be the main point of contact for our providers regarding alterations.
- Scheduling and confirming meetings
- Frequently updating list of physician preferences
- Entering anesthesia provider assignments into the EPIC system
- Faxing confirmations to Ambulatory Service Centers
- A high amount of professional interaction with physicians
- Must have High School Diploma/GED
- Preferred experience with Medical Scheduling
- Ability to commit to 40 hour work week with non-negotiable schedule of Mon-Fri, 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Must be highly professional, detail-oriented, and timely
- Detail oriented/ Accurate
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Intermediate computer skills: Familiarity with Windows operating system, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook
- Able to type accurately, skilled with 10-key touch
- Ability to stay on top of a constant volume of work with minimal error.
- Excellent customer service/ professional phone speaking skills. Must remain calm under pressure and be open to feedback.
- Ability to multitask and change priorities quickly