- Los Angeles, CA
Direct Hire up to 65K
Manged Care HMO
The Junior Programmer Analyst converts data from specifications and statements of problems to computer code.
- Consults with Manager/Director, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users to gather information about report and/or data extraction intent, features, report or data requirements, input requirements, output requirements.
- Design or write program specifications based on consultations with supervisor and end users.
- Test, debug and revise programming codes written by other programmers.
- Designs or writes report specifications based on consultations with Department Director/Manager or designee and end users.
- Converts designs and specifications into reports or data files.
- Work with encounter data relating to HCC activities for all medical groups to ensure that all error reports are completed in a timely manner. Assist in the development and understanding of the encounter data transmission.
- Work with other technologies, including Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Work with loading encounter data coming from our clearing house and other sources.
- Analyses data using ad-hoc reports, Microsoft Access and other Microsoft office tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment to meet project goals and user requirements.
- Understanding of data analysis in healthcare environment.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support programs created
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent as well as two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- VB.Net, ADO.NET,
- Visual Source Safe, MS SQL Server 2008,
- SSIS, T-SQL, SQL views, SQL stored-procedures,
- Crystal Reports,
- MS Access, MS Excel, and MS Word.
Skills and Abilities
- Two years or more experience in a healthcare environment with understanding of claims/encounters, eligibility, ICD9/ICD10, CPT, ANSI X12 (837P, 837I, 277).
Excellent benefits and perks! 401K | Medical | Dental | Vision | creative workspace