Our organization is looking for a Project Manager-Solar for a (Direct Hire) position in San Diego CA for our client, an industry leading solar company. Please see the below job description and if interested submit a current resume.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall administration, organization and implementation of small electrical construction projects or parts of larger more complex electrical construction projects.
- Assist project Superintendent in the preparation of project documentation requirements, project layout, field office support; develop project schedule utilizing the Critical Path Method; develop budgets and cost codes for projects; assign costs and manpower to the schedule.
- Read and interpret blue prints and project specifications.
- Research and compile submittals, price change orders and prepare estimates for partially designed projects by finishing the design and preparing a complete project estimate.
- Meet with potential customers to present proposals.
- Understand and follow bid procedures and bid forms.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- 2+ years of experience as Project Manager in the electrical construction industry.
- Experience working with contract documents such as contract drawings, subcontracts, contract addendums, specifications and change orders.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and the coordination of manpower and resources.
- Experience reading blueprints.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction industry.
- Understanding of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various projects.
- Effective communication skills; verbally and in writing. Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Software skills should include: CAD/Micro station, Estimating Software (Accubid), MS Excel, MS Project –P6.
- PMP certification
- Commercial, residential and solar power/construction experience preferred
- Military veteran a plus
- Active security clearance a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.