Senior Java Programmer
- Binghamton, NY
With our main campus located in Ithaca New York, Envisage Information Systems is the largest independent software development company providing solutions for the retirement industry. While rapidly growing, included on the Inc. 5000/500 the past two years, Envisage has made it a focus to maintain the values and culture that have allowed us to be such an exciting family to grow with. Envisage has recently been named one of Central New York’s top 10 places to work by the CNY Business Journal because of our ability to combine growth, flexibility, culture, and a life/work balance.
This person has a key role in understanding the business needs of our clients in order to recommend, design and deliver system solutions by working with available internal resources within a projected time frame.
- Communicate with the Envisage team, management, and client as needed for all issues that arise during the development process of a project or system change
- Have the ability to translate customer requirements into a clear design taking advantage of the available resources within the development team
- Have the ability to write design documentation and product/release documentation that reflect the standards set by the organization
- Fully understand the infrastructure, processes, and procedures of the organization relating to software development. Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement to management and the team as necessary
- Provide leadership to other developers in new procedures, techniques, and technologies
- Be capable of leading projects to completion within the projected time frame
- Be able to prioritize conflicting items, maintain a clear vision of the needs of the client, the team, and the business, and be able to quickly and professionally address problems and recommend solutions that arise during the course of a project
- Be capable of estimating cost and resource needs for a project
- Keep abreast of changes in current technology that are related to ongoing projects and communicate as appropriate the impact of these to team members and management
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java
- Proficient in Object Oriented design and programming concepts
- Proficient in Java and Java development tools primarily Eclipse
- Proficient in SQL or other relational databases
- Experience in two or more of following technologies: XML, JSON,
JSF, Maven, MongoDB, JQuery, JUnit
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead other developers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Envisage Information Systems is an equal opportunity employer.