Institutional Business Development Representative
- Berea, OH
Equity Trust is the nation's leading provider of self-directed IRAs and 401ks, with over 128,000 clients in all 50 states and close to $10 billion dollars of retirement plan assets under administration.
Truly self directed IRAs and other retirement plans allow you to create lasting wealth by investing in areas where you have knowledge, expertise, and comfort.
In addition to traditional retirement investments such as stocks and mutual funds, clients at Equity Trust can diversify their retirement plans into assets such as real estate, private placements, notes, deeds of trust, tax liens, foreign currency and much more.
As a passive custodian Equity Trust has no conflicts of interests, as it does not offer investments or investment advice.
Equity Trust, a highly regulated financial institution, is made up of a staff of experienced professionals who truly care about serving our clients.
We invite you to learn more about Equity Trust and truly self-directed IRA investing.
Equity Trust Company is seeking an Institutional Business Development Representative to join our Equity Institutional team, which is responsible for our institutional business. Equity Institutional works with financial professionals, broker dealers, and registered investment advisors across the U.S. As a division of Equity Trust Company, we’re part of a team that serves more than 140,000 clients across the nation with nearly $10 billion in assets under management.
The Institutional Business Development Representative helps to create strategies and business plans to win new client relationships while retaining and growing existing relationships. He or she directs the assigned geographic region for all aspects of Equity Institutional business. This role is also accountable for new account openings, account retention, revenue growth. The Institutional Business Development Representative's success in the position is dependent on being a team player and building partnerships with Key Accounts and directing the Relationship Managers toward successful execution of goals. This position will have a required travel schedule (25%).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Analyzes market trends and develops target lists for potential clients in assigned regions
- Works with Relationship Managers and Key Accounts to successfully manage the on-boarding process of new relationships
- Attends conferences to represent the Company through presentations and exhibiting
- Establishes and maintains relationships with existing ADRs (Account Development Representative)
- Communicates Service Level Agreements and ensure that ADRs are sufficiently trained
- Partners with Key Accounts to design the account strategy needed to meet goals
- Assists Key Accounts with ongoing research and analysis of industry structure, customer value, competitive position and business capabilities
- Coach, train and lead assigned Relationship Managers
Essential Education/Training/Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree supplemented by additional study in related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of work experience preferably in a relationship building sales environment
- Knowledge and understanding of sales in an internal and external capacity, with financial advisors
- Previous experience as a financial advisor, working for private equity firm, investment banking or investment sponsor or significant experience in financial services
- Proven track record of consistent sales success and closing
- Time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with formal presentation skills
- Experience utilizing a CRM (client relationship manager) system