Sr. Java Developer
- Berea, OH
Equity Trust is the nation's leading provider of self-directed IRAs and 401ks, with over 128,000 clients in all 50 states and close to $10 billion dollars of retirement plan assets under administration.
Truly self directed IRAs and other retirement plans allow you to create lasting wealth by investing in areas where you have knowledge, expertise, and comfort.
In addition to traditional retirement investments such as stocks and mutual funds, clients at Equity Trust can diversify their retirement plans into assets such as real estate, private placements, notes, deeds of trust, tax liens, foreign currency and much more.
As a passive custodian Equity Trust has no conflicts of interests, as it does not offer investments or investment advice.
Equity Trust, a highly regulated financial institution, is made up of a staff of experienced professionals who truly care about serving our clients.
We invite you to learn more about Equity Trust and truly self-directed IRA investing.
Equity Trust Company is looking for an exceptional individual to take on a Development role on our client facing web portal team. This individual will play a key role in the future development of the application and integration into our enterprise application architecture. The team also has the primary responsibility for the daily support and operations of this highly dynamic application. Ability to work with business clients and end-users to develop and understand business requirements is essential for success of the team.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Functions:
- Partners with the Business Owners Project Management Office and participates in all phases of project implementation.
- Works with the team to implement strategic enhancements to the application and interfaces with client systems.
- Utilizes and maintains appropriate change control procedures and standards.
- Designs and executes Test Plans for the application related changes
- Ensures day to day operational integrity of the system with rapid troubleshooting skills when issues arise
- Willing and able to learn from others
- Mentors less experienced members of the team
- Strong focus on delivering high quality, scalable solutions that meet the business needs
Essential Professional Attributes and Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years application development experience using Object Oriented methodology in a J2EE environment
- Proficiency in JSP, Struts II, Spring, Web Services, JUnit Testing, Tomcat and MVC Architecture
- Experience in web user interface design and development
- Experience in presenting concepts and solutions to a wide audience
- Strong Unix/Linux environment experience a must
- Strong communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills
- High degree of accountability and responsibility for your work
- Results driven, business focused, flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to interpret abstract technical ideas and concepts effectively
- Translates complex business requirements into meaningful technical solution
- General PC office skills with MS Office
- Demonstrates strong customer service focus and ability to establish and maintain a high level of team trust and confidence.
- Collaboration and Teamwork are essential qualities for this role