HR GENERALIST / EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- Westlake, OH
Energy! Excitement! Growth! Did you know you can own a piece of Real Estate, a tax lien, precious metals or private placements, all tax free in your IRA! No? Well, we help our clients with all of these Alternative Investments.
Are you looking for a fast- paced, dynamic work environment in a company that rewards and recognizes execution and is constantly looking for ways to improve? We’re fun, lively and come together often to work, play, or volunteer. We thrive on getting the work done and are drawn to individuals who are passionate, diligent, and want to help our clients with their financial dreams. This is a place for people who thrive off challenges and collaboration, and we’re looking for people to join our company.
What Makes Equity Trust different?
There are lots of financial services firms out there, below are just a few reasons why our company is different from most firms. You won’t get this opportunity anywhere else.
- Investment Freedom - At Equity Trust clients use their IRA/401(k) to invest in real estate, private placements, notes/deeds of trust, tax liens, foreign currency and much more.
- Experience - Over 38 years of experience specializing in self-directed IRAs, 401(k)s and other retirement plans
- Strength - Over 130,000 Americans in all 50 states with more than $12 Billion in retirement assets under administration choose Equity Trust as their custodian.
- Safety and Security - Equity Trust, as an IRA custodian, operates as a regulated financial institution.
- Personalized Service/Attention - From personalized account management teams and toll-free phone numbers, to more than 400 highly trained self-directed IRA specialists (who each receive more than 160 hours of training)
- Convenience – We are the only custodian that allows clients to pay investment expenses paperless online, through a fast and accurate investment turn around and gives clients access to our advanced online management tool, eVantage
- Value - Equity Trust is the only self-directed IRA custodian to not charge transaction fees for investments in client retirement account. Equity Trust offers a simple all-inclusive annual fee which allows clients to invest as much as they want.
Why choose Equity as a place to start or to continue your career?
Equity makes a difference in our client’s lives by helping them reach financial freedom through the inclusion of Alternative Investments and educating clients on the options available. We have a world class online investing portal called myEquity that helps clients manage their accounts and Equity University is the ultimate resource for wealth building and self-directed IRA investing education. You will have the rewarding opportunity to help our clients navigate the world of non-traditional investing.
Equity also has a strong value based culture where associates are asked to be innovative, do the right thing for our clients and all within a fun and supportive environment. Our leaders come from a wide variety of well known organizations in the Banking, Investment and Operations industries and are all committed to the growth and development of our associates.
Equity Trust Company, a fast growing financial service company is looking for a HR Generalist, with a strong employee relations background to join our Human Resources team.
The Generalist is responsible for providing overall service and support in the area of benefits, payroll, employee relations and overall HR administration. Additionally, he/she will manage various HR programs and initiatives. The individual will also play a role in new hire orientation and limited front desk back up.
Equity Trust Company is in the midst of a very exciting time. We have just moved in to a state of the art headquarters close to the exciting Crocker Park area. Our world class amenities include: a full time health and wellness professional offering a variety of group classes housed in our fitness center, a massage therapist, and a farm to table cafeteria with fresh breakfast and lunch options. This position is critical to helping spur our growth and fuel our innovative spirit.
- Investigate and resolve team member employee relation issues for specific customer groups
- Conduct investigations and document appropriately
- Provide recommendations to supervisors and managers to ensure issues are handled appropriately and steps are taken to mitigate future risk
- Interpret and provide advice on company policies and procedures
- Act as objective intermediary to both supervisors and employees to ensure consistent responses to all team members
- Assist will corrective action process, helping to document performance plans
- Process new hires/termination in ADP HRIS
- Process COBRA
- Answer questions on benefits or work with ADP service center to resolve
- Assistant with claims questions as needed
- Process unemployment paperwork
- Complete any employment verifications not handled by automated system
- Conduct exit interviews and provide exec summaries of findings
- Maintain turnover reports
- Prepare HR reports as needed
- Responsible for company safety plan and employee training
- Conduct new hire orientation; including development of needed materials
- Process all I-9s accurately
- Assemble all new hire personnel files
- Maintain all personnel files and conduct file audits annually
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources preferred
- Associates Degree required in Human Resources
- 3 -5 years previous HR Generalist experience, with an emphasis in Employee Relations required
- Demonstrated knowledge in employment law and processes
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong excel and HRIS experience needed
- Ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities