GMP Clean room specialist
- Chesterfield, MO
Providing Materials Management, Logistics and GMP Cleaning Services.
Perform routine cleaning of Controlled Environments Areas (CEA) to meet industry standards. Execute precise cleaning regimes and cleaning techniques to prevent product failure and delays. Execute daily maintenance cleaning of the GMP Pilot Plant and MM Building, in compliance with Pfizer’s requirements. Interact cross functionally with Operations and Maintenance Departments to ensure proper cleaning of designated areas and equipment in a timely manner. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to work within the team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ability to setup, perform daily cleaning and document task.
- Capable of working alone for extended periods of time.
- Perform routine cleaning maintenance of (CEA).
- Capable of following written procedures.
- Ability to work with cleaning solutions while wearing a respirator and clean room gowning attire.
- Capable of adhering to clean room procedures and safety practices established by the department.
- Replenish supplies such as gowning and cleaning materials.
- Maintain a sanitary, attractive and orderly condition for Pilot Plant and MM Building.
- Aid in the movement and cleaning of large equipment into CEA.
- Operate floor machinery and other related house keeping equipment.
- Operate and utilize equipment needed for cleaning processes, including back pack vacuums, wet mop units, automated floor scrubbers and wet/dry vacuums.
- Assist with daily housekeeping duties.
- Continuously work to develop and improve skills in cleaning techniques and optimization of cleaning processes.
- Report unsafe conditions and recommend corrective actions.
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies, disinfectants and their applications.
- Knowledge of handing non-hazardous spills.
In addition to maintaining Clean Environments and facilities areas, the successful candidate also requires:
Common usage of standard cleaning products to clean common areas such as restrooms, loading dock, offices, lobbies elevators water fountains, telephones and all horizontal surfaces.
- Interpersonal skill to effectively communicate cleaning activities
- May be required to train coworkers and other employees
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices and following Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Operating Instructions (preferred)
- Operating and maintaining cleaning equipment
- Ability to compete detailed documentation accurately
- Accepts responsibility and takes initiative
- Independent worker and self directed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Computer Skills(Desired)
On the Job Required Trainings
Building specified Standard Operating Procedures on cleaning procedures
- Powered Industrial Truck
- Respirator Chemical/Dust Mask
- Gowning Certification
- Various Safety Training Programs
Special Working Conditions
Majority of time will be spent in 10,000 and 100,000 Clean Rooms Controlled Environment Areas. Temperature and lighting are controlled and noise level is moderate. Extensive standing, walking and repetitive movement required. Must be capable of performing tasks requiring the ability for frequent bending, stooping and kneeling. Requires moderate to heavy lifting. Position may not be suitable for individuals with high sensitivity to industrial cleaning agents. Cosmetics are prohibited. Most tasks require the use of Nitrile gloves. Must be able to wear Personal Protective equipment for some task including aerial work and respirator usage. Attendance of all GMP and safety training is required. Must be willing to work flexible hours, 2nd shift and some weekends.
Education and Experience
- High School/GED
- Fluent in English with proficient communication skills both verbal and written
- Entry Level or previous manufacturing cleaning experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Positions starts at 14.00 per/hr