Technical Sales Manager
- Delhi, India
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
Eurofins Technologies is a new International Business Line (IBL) within the Eurofins Group focused on the development, manufacturing and marketing of bioanalytical technologies and diagnostic test kits in particular. The business if primarily focused on solutions in Food Safety and Environmental Safety but has recently expanded into Animal Health and Clinical Diagnostics. Eurofins Technologies serves both external customers (industrial laboratories, governmental laboratories, service laboratories) as well as customers within the Eurofins Group.
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
Eurofins Technologies is a new international business line (IBL) within the Eurofins Group which is developing, manufacturing, and marketing technologies and other supplies in the field of bioanalytical testing. Initially, the business will focus predominantly on food safety technologies and use the broad expertise within the Eurofins group to create well-differentiated offerings in this fast-growing market. The Technical Sales Manager supports the sales teams with technical test kit evaluation and validation studies at the customer site and is responsible for test kit sales in the region.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
1. Test Kit Validations
· The position holder will use his/her technical know-how in food safety analysis to plan experiments, demonstrate the performance, and conduct validations of ELISA, LFD, and PCR test kits at the customer site.
· Creating final reports in a format that can be submitted to customers/decision-makers and or certification bodies.
· The Technical Specialist’s technical knowledge and understanding is a key requirement.
- Communicating with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on leads. Understanding customers' needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Answering potential customers' questions and sending additional information per email.
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers.
- Explaining and demonstrating features of products and services.
- Staying informed about competing products and services.
- Upselling products and services.
- Researching and qualifying new leads.
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of fast track work experience with bioanalytical testing technologies, ideally food safety technologies. He / She has an academic background in Chemistry, (Molecular) Biology, or other relevant fields. He/she shows attention to detail and has excellent analytical skills. Previous experience with ELISA, PCR, and/or LFD test kits is of advantage.
The ideal candidate will not only be able to define ground-breaking strategies along with successful solutions to customer enquiries but will have a demonstrated track record of achieving fast results through rigorous execution and sound program/project management skills.
Master degree in Lifescience/MBA
Eurofins has a culture of high professional standards, with strong processes, and an eye for details. Candidates will need to be fully aligned with this culture, which implies a structured and analytical approach, pragmatism, and modesty.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).