Financial Analyst - Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc.
- Oakville, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialized clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. provides a fully integrated suite of services to support drug substance and drug product development from the IND enabling development stage, through to phase II & III supply, and commercial validation and manufacturing for niche APIs. In addition to a continuing flow of interesting and challenging projects for global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. is committed to growing its state-of-the-art organization, with continued investments in its people, modern facilities, equipment, and instrumentation.
The Financial Analyst is accountable to the Financial Business Manager providing accurate and timely financial forecasting, reporting and analysis that supports the business and is compliant with IFRS accounting standards, government regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct internal financial reporting for the business including:
o Develop or improve existing reporting models that deliver on the requirements of multiple business units and locations
o Assisting in month end and annual close process
o Prepare and deliver periodic and ad-hoc management reports (re: costs, capital, project time inputs, variances, budgets, etc.)
· Facilitate the financial planning and analysis including:
o Analyze financial accounts as well as business unit performance for the purposes of identifying issues and making recommendations for change, including limited account reconciliations
o Support the business planning cycle for the annual budgets and multi-year plans
o Develop and maintain the planning models used in forecasts and budgets that accommodate multiple business units and locations relating to costs and revenues, including resource capacity planning models (actual and forecasting time)
· Monitor and reconcile inventory accounts, and posting of required entries
· Identify, recommend and implement financial system, process and modelling enhancements that shorten timelines as well as improve efficiency, effectiveness and compliance
· Analyze general accounts and identify, recommend or prepare journal entries/accruals as required
· Assist in educating employees relating to forecasting time, selection of operating and capital payables classifications (account, nature)
· Perform additional duties as required (including being a backup for Revenue recognition)
• Certification: CGA (CPA) or CMA (CPA)
• Excellent computer skills; Strong Excel skills (pivots, conditionals)
• Critical thinking skills
• 2 to 3 years of proven experience as an Analyst or General Accountant
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Clear, concise and proficient written and verbal English skills
• Excellent time management skills (highly organized)
• Team player
• Minimum 1 year of direct experience for the following:
- Capital expenses tracking and reporting
- GL reconciliations, reporting, journal entries
NICE TO HAVES:
• Working knowledge of finance and accounting (IFRS)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Accommodation: Eurofins welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request via the website at www.eurofins.ca.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received international recognition as a great place to work. To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website at www.eurofins.ca
We thank all applicants within commuting distance of Oakville, Ontario for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES, CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE!