Associate Software Engineer
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and the environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a network of over 1,000 independent companies in 54 countries, operating 900 laboratories. Performing over 450 million tests every year, Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
Eurofins is one of the fastest growing listed European companies with a listing on the French stock exchange since 1997. In FY 2021, Eurofins achieved a record revenue of over EUR 6.7 billion.
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (EITSI) is a fully owned subsidiary of Eurofins and functions as a Global Software Delivery Center exclusively catering to Eurofins Global IT business needs. The code shipped out of EITSI impacts the global network of Eurofins labs and services.
The primary focus at EITSI is to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, e-commerce solutions, ERP/CRM system, Mobile Apps & other B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses. Young and dynamic, we have a rich culture and we offer fulfilling careers.
POSITION TITLE: Associate Software Engineer:
(As per EISTI Career Track, refer http://dms.int.eurofins.local/is/its/india/EITSIHR/SitePages/Home.aspx)
REPORTING TO: “Collaborative Platforms and IT Tools” Manager (Hemkumar Thiruvarangam)
WORKING LOCATION: Bangalore, India
OBJECTIVE: Eurofins Collaborative Platforms and IT Tools Team is managing all the Application Lifecycle platforms, including Microsoft Team Foundation Server, as well as the Intranet and the Document Management and Archiving system based on Microsoft SharePoint.
The main objective of this position, based in Bangalore, is to operate the approved SOP for different application handled with in IT Tools team. The resource should have the ability to learn and execute the different operating procedure without any deviation in the defined process.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· 2019 / 2020 /2021 pass out
· B.E./ B. Tech (CS, IS, EC, EEE) / MCA/ MS /BSc (CS, IT)
· 0-12 months of IT Industry experience
· 60% aggregate in highest qualification (no backlogs)
· Good communication and interpersonal relation skills in an international environment
At ease with distant communications leveraging a wide array of technologies (shared code, documents and forums, phone, chat, e-mail)
· Good Attitude towards learning new things.
· Good Knowledge on logical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
· Customer handling skills are added advantage.
· Ability to coordinate the work with different individuals / teams
· Good knowledge on understanding the SOP’s and able to operate on the given period of time.
· Good understanding on Servers Management (Application, Database & FTP).
· Good understanding on Networking Concepts.
· Knowledge on Linux, MySQL, SQL Servers are added advantage.
· Knowledge on Service operations is added advantage.
· Knowledge on PowerShell Scripting are added advantage.
· Knowledge on tools like TFS, SharePoint are added advantage.
· Knowledge on any programming language is added advantage.
Note: the candidate must be prepared to be challenged on any required capabilities during interviews.
· The successful candidate will have a self-motivated, get-it-done attitude; the ability to think critically; enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures; a desire to learn in new areas; and the discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with team in Europe
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
Eurofins has a strong focus on Performance Management system. This includes quarterly calibrations, half-yearly reviews and annual reviews. The KPIs shall be set and may vary slightly between projects. These will be clearly communicated, documented during the first 30 days of your joining.
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd., Careers Page:
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd., office location:
Eurofins India office/service locations:
- Very good English communication skills (concise writing)
- Very good interpersonal relation skills;
- Able to engage and influence others in order to obtain enough follow up and attention;
- Drive continuous improvement efforts
- Ability to work in a complex international environment;
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities.