Technical Support Specialist - Tier III
- Centennial, CO
Dean Evans and Associates software solutions (Event Management Systems or EMS Software) are used by more than 4500 clients worldwide, making us a leading provider of facility scheduling, web calendaring and online registration/survey software. Celebrating 25 years in business, we are small, privately held, profitable, debt-free and growing. We offer a comfortable, professional work environment where everyone’s contribution makes a difference.
Our customers include leading Fortune 100 Corporations, top colleges and universities, and some of the most modern and progressive event venues and facilities in the world. Candidates need to be highly motivated self-starters who are results-oriented, have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and are technically savvy with computers and software.
As a Technical Support Specialist – Tier III, you will work in the Customer Support Center handling top priority and highly complex calls from EMS product users. Your duties will include:
- Provide focused support of our “on-premise” ASP.net application, while preparing and deploying support of next generation platforms, protocols, technologies and trends.
- Providing solutions for escalated, complex technical integration and system performance concerns including network, SQL server and Microsoft platform application integrations issues.
- Characterize and assist with the evaluation of risk management implications for hosted environments. Help define proper SLA boundaries and define processes that set availability, security and maintenance expectations.
- Function as the liaison between our customers, Support and Development for escalated problem resolution requests.
- When not working on level 3 issues, provide backup support to Tiers I/II, including handling email and incoming call requests.
- Advance the general knowledge and expertise of Tier I/II.
- Participate actively in the mining and vetting of articles for the customer knowledge base.
- Provide technical expertise and/or training to the Professional Services and Sales teams.
- Assignment to, or participation in, special projects requiring a higher level of technical expertise as needed by the Technical Support Manager.
The Technical Support Specialist – Tier III will perform on-call duty to assist customers with emergency issues, during and occasionally outside of regular business hours.
- B.S. in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 3 years+ of Microsoft SQL Server experience, a DBA level of SQL understanding is necessary (developer skills not required). Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or equivalent certification desired.
- Minimum 2 years Tier III enterprise level technical support experience in a customer support center. Understanding of and practical deployment experience with an enterprise level application/databases running in a SaaS environment.
- Awareness of standards such as PCI 2.0 compliant web hosting, NIST and SSAE 16 regulations.
- Additional experience with the administration and/or troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 desired.
- Familiarity with Internet Information Services (IIS) Web-based business applications preferably using ASP.net
- Equivalent combinations of education, training and experience will also be considered.
- Outstanding communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve stressful customer situations
- Strong desire to work with highly complex technical challenges combined with focused customer interactions
- Must be able to work occasional weekend and off hours as necessary
In return, we provide: Competitive salary and
- Excellent benefits package including medical and 401(k)
- Gorgeous office and easygoing, team-oriented work environment
- Opportunity to work in the software industry
- Opportunity for advancement
Healthcare, 401(k), Vision, Dental, FSA, SLD/LTD, Aflac, and Health club reimbursement
Dean Evans and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. We are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce, supporting integrity in the workplace and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.