Technical Support Specialist - Tier I
- Centennial, CO
Dean Evans & Associates software solutions (Event Management Systems or EMS Software) are used by more than 4500 clients worldwide, making us a leading provider of facility scheduling, web calendaring and online registration/survey software. Celebrating over 25 years in business, we are small, privately held, profitable, debt-free and growing. We offer a comfortable, professional work environment where everyone’s contribution makes a difference.
Our customers include leading Fortune 100 Corporations, top colleges and universities, and some of the most modern and progressive event venues and facilities in the world. Candidates need to be highly motivated self-starters who are results-oriented, have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and are technically savvy with computers and software.
As a Technical Support Specialist at DEA, your primary responsibility is to receive and respond to incoming phone calls and emails from our customers. You will act as the first point of contact to resolve their support questions. You will learn and use customized DEA software and Microsoft Applications to obtain and track customer information. The main duties of this position require a strong commitment to outstanding customer service, an aptitude for understanding and optimizing application software, and a keen attention to detail.
Main responsibilities include:
- Answering frontline support calls and emails as requests arise, within two hours receipt of customer contact;
- Providing accurate solutions to end users of EMS software products;
- Logging all pertinent client information regarding support calls and outcomes into ‘CRM or HAL’ database;
- Documenting solutions for future reference for support staff and customer FAQ’s;
- Instructing customers in the use of software and user manuals;
- Recommending or performing minor remedial actions to correct problems;
- Working with Sales, Consulting, and Development on implementation activities;
- Providing updates, status, and completion information to manager, and/or customers, via telephone, e-mail, in-person communication;
- Recognizing and refering escalation matters to Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist or Manager, Customer Care.
- May assist in testing new product releases.
Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Two years post-secondary education or one to two years related external customer care experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Outstanding communications skills
- Ability to manage and resolve stressful customer situations
- Strong desire to work with highly complex technical challenges combined with focused customer interactions
In return, we provide:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package including medical and 401(k)
- Gorgeous office and easygoing, team-oriented work environment
- Opportunity to work in the software industry
- Opportunity for advancement
Healthcare, 401(k), Vision, Dental, FSA, STD/LTD, Aflac, and Health Club reimbursement
Dean Evans & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. We are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce, supporting integrity in the workplace and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.