Chief Financial Officer
- Little Rock, AR
Everette-Gregory has been retained to fill the position of Chief Financial Officer for a healthcare provider in central Arkansas.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO assists on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to finance, budget management, cost benefit analysis, and forecasting needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Billing, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and IT departments.
- Direct responsibility as the Compliance Officer.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute growth plans.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the Executive Director on the strategic.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, development and monitoring of organizational budgets.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee investment programs.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings
- Select and manage appropriate vehicles for investing funds in connection with establish investment criteria.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Board of Directors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- The Controller or Chief Financial Officer level.
- Five to seven years of financial experience and management experience
- Experience within the healthcare arena a plus
- Understanding of Medicare/Medicaid a plus
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge & Skills:
o General office software, and use of databases.
o Experience with generating reports from a SQL database.
o Create reports using Crystal reports
o Analyze date through creating Ad-hoc reports in SQL is are highly desirable.
o Create and assess financial statements and budget documents.
o Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
o Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
This is a fully retained search. Everette-Gregory will vet all interested candidates maintianing the highest levels of confidentialility. We wil provide full company details to qualifed candidates.