Learning and Development Specialist
- Valley View, OH
ExactCare Pharmacy is a family-owned and operated pharmacy, serving facilities, institutions, and private patients, with over a history of success in the industry. It is this experience, combined with our unwavering commitment to customer service that led us to the creation of the ExactPack™. Headquartered in Valley View, Ohio, we are an innovative, fast-growing company that is focused on enhancing safety and compliance with medication management. For more information about ExactCare Pharmacy visit www.exactcarepharmacy.com.
ExactCare Pharmacy offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit plan. We are recognized as a two-time Plain Dealer Top Workplaces Winner among other various awards and recognition. The environment at ExactCare Pharmacy is exciting, fast-paced and full of opportunity for energetic, highly-motivated and results-driven professionals who want to make a difference in patients’ lives every day!
The Learning and Development Specialist will support the Learning and Development Manager with the implementation of development initiatives for ExactCare University. The candidate must possess excellence in a full range of training skills - assessment, resource development and delivery of learning experiences to ensure the readiness of ExactCare Pharmacy employees to achieve business objectives. The Learning and Development Specialist will also manage course scheduling and logistics, classroom management and learning-related data entry and reporting. The position will work closely with other human resources team members to ensure that training is aligned with strategic initiatives. The position may be required to work independently or in collaboration with others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Champion and assist in the ongoing development and implementation of curriculum for ExactCare University for overall employee/new hire development.
• Facilitate courses using a variety of media and activities to support learning transfer.
• Assist in the research, development, and design of general and specific business unit training programs that focus on advanced competencies and/or technical skills.
• Assist in the assessment and analysis of employee learning needs.
• Maintain, review and analyze records for training programs, including, but not limited to, course evaluations, data and trends to recommend program changes.
• May serve as an internal consultant to assist in creating employee development plans and performance objectives.
• Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results; modify programs as needed; develop effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
• Work effectively as a team member with other members of the human resources team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Human Resources or related field. (Relevant work experience to be considered in lieu of degree.)
• 3+ years proven experience in facilitating programs across an organization (including management, operations and leadership oriented programs).
• Experience with e-Learning software.
• Experience in Pharmacy Tech Training, preferred.
• Experience with Cornerstone, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong team player with leadership qualities.
• An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
• Ability to think strategically as well as manage the hands-on execution of projects and programs.
• Demonstrated awareness of best practices and passion for innovative approaches to learning.
• Familiarity with learning platforms and enabling technologies.
• Proven track record of facilitating engaging courses with a positive transfer of learning.
• Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks.
• Ability to exercise considerable judgment, maintain confidentiality and act in a diplomatic manner.
• Capability to efficiently complete tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products and various instructional design software.
ExactCare Pharmacy provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Drug-free work environment. Must be eligible to work in this country.