Chief Financial Officer
- Westerville, OH
Based in the Columbus suburb of Westerville, Ohio, The SmarTV Company specializes in the creation of software applications, design and manufacturing of hardware solutions, and provision of television entertainment content and advertising services for the hospitality, business, healthcare, higher education and mobile applications marketplaces. For more information on the SmarTV company and products, visit our website: http://www.getsmartv.com.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced business oriented Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO is the financial spokesperson for the company and provides management over our IT, HR, and accounting department. The CFO reports directly to the Chairman of SmarTV and will assist in organizing, supporting, monitoring progress and directing the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Participate in developing new business, identifying new funding opportunities, determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery, and assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Maintain current business relationships with vendors and clients
- Ability to establish credibility, be decisive, and maintain a professional image for the company
- Establish and manage the banking and investment relationships of the company
- Establish and enforce credit, collections, and purchasing policies
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the needs of the company
- Prepare, present, and interpret financial reports to the Chairman and entitled parties on an as needed basis
- Oversee the company’s accounting systems, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Ensure the integrity of the general ledger and reconciliation
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies as any associated assets
- Develop financial and tax strategies and coordinate all tax filings
- Ensure the maintenance of appropriate financial records and preparation of financial reports
- Participate in Risk Management policies and monitor all open legal issues involving the company
- Provide general oversight of the HR department, including payroll and yearly review of the employee benefits plan
- Other duties as encountered or assigned
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance. MBA and CPA are desirable
- 8-10 years of experience with progressive responsibilities, with extensive management experience
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to delegate, and experience motivating and providing guidance to financial teams
- Energetic and capable of performing multiple projects in addition to daily responsibilities
- Strong people skills, the ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Experience in a startup environment, or small privately held company (~60 employees) would be beneficial
We offer a competitive salary, 100% casual dress code, flexible schedule, Health Insurance, Paid Time Off and Holidays, 401K, short and long term disability, and life insurance. We are a progressive, diverse organization and an EOE. All qualified parties are encouraged to apply.