IPTV Network Engineer
- Westerville, OH
Exceptional Innovation (EI) is a software development, hardware design and manufacturing, and professional services firm that designs, builds, and implements solutions for the hospitality, healthcare, commercial and consumer markets. The company’s subsidiaries include Quadriga Worldwide, a leading international provider of guest technology managed services for the hospitality industry and The SmarTV Company, a provider of TV entertainment content and advertising services to enhance user experiences and engagement. At the core of every solution is a robust technology platform that uses open standards for rapid application development and seamless integration of multiple systems to create an engaging interactive experience for the end user. EI has more than 30 years’ experience and operates in the key strategic geographies of the USA, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, supporting more than 325,000 guest rooms.
We are currently searching for an IPTV Network Engineer to join our growing operations team! As an IPTV Network Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting cutting-edge IPTV streaming solutions integrated with satellite/network communication delivery systems. You will manage many technical aspects, create, define and publish specifications and “Best Practices”, and troubleshoot tio identify complex system issues relative to IPTV. As a subject matter expert you will help delivery training to both highly trained and non-technical audiences supporting Exceptional Innovation’s customer network.
- Working knowledge of broadband IP and multicast networks: including the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot
- Experience working in cable Headends, IPTV, OTT, HSIA, VOD, Digital Signage environments, Hubs, Web Services, Servers or Video Network Operations Center
- Experience with multicast IP video, IP transport, Headend/Hub device configuration, servers, monitoring tools or Web Services is required
- Knowledge and operational use of video/network monitoring systems with troubleshooting and resolution experience
- Experience in monitoring, analyzing, troubleshooting and implementing corrective actions of video delivery systems
- Demonstrated experience in IPTV middleware, video compression, ISR Metadata (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, H.265, internet streaming), digital video receivers and decoders, video servers, web-based client/server applications, DOCSIS and MoCA technologies.
- Networking experience and knowledge of configuration of IGMP and multicast and other video protocols
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field of study
We are a growing company with an exciting working environment, casual dress code, great people, flexible schedule, and competitive compensation package!