Vice President of Global Product Management
- Westerville, OH
Exceptional Innovation (EI) is relentlessly focused on discovering, developing and delivering innovative solutions that connect our customers to the people they serve through the advanced use of technology. With our global reach, range and resources, we provide our customers with IQx, a unified platform for driving their vision into their markets using consistent and reliable entertainment and connectivity services. Our integrated IQ solutions leverage the platform to assist our customers in making intelligent decisions to actively engage and inspire through interactive experiences.
The candidate selected to be our Vice President Product Management will be responsible for leadership of a distributed product team, supervising and managing product delivery; ensuring the successful launch of new products or versions to market. This role will have an active role in working with customers externally and internally with cross functional peers in development, account management, and operations. A successful candidate should have experience managing people and process, an understanding of doing business in a global organization and product management experience in a technology products oriented environment.
- Supervises product managers and business analysts
- Collaborates with software development teams, operations, Marketing, and Sales.
- Track product deliverable status and assess risks, issues, and resource impacts.
- Establish and follow product delivery methodologies that align with the company’s approach for software development, product readiness, and supply chain processes.
- Organize, prepare, facilitate and document meetings.
- Track internal and external milestones and ensure team members are informed of critical risks, issues, and mitigation strategies in order to meet externally committed delivery targets.
- Inform and escalate to executive management when key milestones are at risk.
- Provide communications to senior management when project schedules are impacted from any risks or constraints.
- Act as an advocate for the development team and communicate any blockers which will impact work progress.
- Understand the company’s SDLC model and assist with the creation of roadmap planning deliverables.
- Identify existing or potential future problems and quickly and effectively devise solutions to correct or avoid them.
- Proven experience with multiple methodologies, waterfall, agile, ITIL, LEAN, SAFe
- Proven experience in program management in a fast paced deployment environment
- Proven experience in managing product teams and associated deliverables
- Proven experience in managing documentation deliverables
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, create development schedules, manage time effectively, and report on progress and/or issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience leading software development teams through the entire development process preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including; Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Excel
- Must be able to travel
We are a growing company with an exciting working environment, casual dress code, great people, flexible schedule, and competitive compensation package!